question about free electives in a comm/eco degree. (1 Viewer)

Abanious

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Does anyone know how many free electives you would get in commerce/economics double degree with 2 majors.

in this case, im excluding gen-ed subjects because i have already done them, but i have only 9 compulsory courses left for 2 semesters, so i was wondering what i do with the remaining 7. am i allowed to choose courses within any faculty? the unsw handbook doesn't explain this clearly, so help would be appreacited.

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
Actually there is no free electives but rather Business electives only from the ASB faculty. This is to allow you to complete 3 majors within the two degrees. To see how much you have left if you are doing 2 majors add up the UOC you will do within 2 majors (+ core courses and flexible) and minus 192 UOC

Abanious

HSC
N/A
are you sure?

because i already made my timetable with an ARTS elective, because i thought free electives were from any faculty.

says on the business unsw website, that a comm/eco degree has "free electives" and that a free elective "can be courses at any level, in any subject area, from any faculty"

i think its better i just call them to confirm.

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
Ahh yes I see what you did was you used 1 of your GEN EDs to do Arts eletives as it is a course outside the faculty. The free electives are actually ASB electives if you look in the handbook it says you used these to complete a third major (it says on the business website at the bottom) or just do random subjects within the asb

Abanious

HSC
N/A
i've done my gen eds actually. im in my 3rd year, so it's not that/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)