Get Your Textbooks for Sem 1!! :) (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Heyo,

Just thought I'd post this to let you know that UNSW Bookshop has finally updated its website with the prescribed & recommended textbooks and course packs for all the subjects offered in Semester 1 of 2015!

To find out what you need and what prices UNSW Bookshop is offering, go to the link https://www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au/textlist.html and enter in the course codes of what you are doing this semester. You can order online and get it shipped to you, FYI! :) However, it seems shipping costs increases for every book you buy, so be careful with that! Maybe its best to pick it up in-store!

Good luck guys! :)

mreditor16

HSC
Highly recommend that students find copies online using Booko, or buy a second-hand copy.

Also, don't buy unless you are completely sure that you need the book.
Definitely agree. A method I recommend is asking seniors who have completed the subjects you are doing this semester, and ask them about the worth of each textbook and resource on offer! Also, for some courses, the course pack is even more important than the prescribed textbook (e.g. MATH1151)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Highly recommend that students find copies online using Booko, or buy a second-hand copy.

Also, don't buy unless you are completely sure that you need the book.
How credible is that though?

I saw a book which is around $150 on sale on ebay for an international edition for $65....

EDIT: Even better, I found a book that is $180 at UNSW bookshop for $12 online. Shipping is $18 though.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How credible is that though?

I saw a book which is around $150 on sale on ebay for an international edition for $65....

EDIT: Even better, I found a book that is $180 at UNSW bookshop for $12 online. Shipping is $18 though.
Absolutely no issues with credibility.

Booko aggregates prices from legitimate sellers from Australia and overseas.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
2nd yr maths has no books, too easy

SuchSmallHands

HSC
where is the second hand book shop exactly?
It's in the blockhouse (on the side that faces the roundhouse). If you're on main walkway turn left (there's a big sign showing the way to the roundhouse, walk toward it) you walk past the medibank place and then walk toward the roundhouse. You'll see a little room with books outside and that's the second hand bookstore. They're pretty low on textbooks since they didn't have a place set up until last week, so no one knew where to go to sell their old books. There was almost nothing there for first year science and literally nothing there for first year law. I don't really know about other subjects though.

HSC
ANYONE DOING LAW?
so I was wondering if the law dictionary is worth it
or can I just google everything....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)