UNSW - First Year Student 2016! (1 Viewer)

angela_12

HSC
What do you do at O-week?

Anyone else feel keen/scared to start Uni?
(I definitely am ... since my friends aren't going to the same uni as me and I got to start making new friends, but excited for the journey ahead)

miaoww

HSC
I'm a first year student in 2016 too so not sure how much help I'll be but here is a list of stuff on at o-week!!

http://oweek.info/2016/

I'm a bit nervous because I don't know many people either, just hope I meet really nice people :) What course are you doing next year?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you do at O-week?

Anyone else feel keen/scared to start Uni?
(I definitely am ... since my friends aren't going to the same uni as me and I got to start making new friends, but excited for the journey ahead)
Ask things. Find out how things work, what services are available on campus etc =)

leehuan

HSC
Have fun.

As in literally, have fun.

But yeah check out the link miaoww provided. Also just do whatever formal business you feel you need to do.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember o week few years ago when i started uni, it was a prettt daunting experience for me and i also had no friends but it is alright for the first 1 or 2 days. You can get some free stuff, some information about subjects/services or get to know the uni better know where your classes are etc

Dellrune

HSC
N/A
I'm just keen for the parties, this holidays has already been loose, hopefully there are more loose times ahead at uni

purpleapple

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm starting this year too :) I'm actually moving interstate so I will like know 2 people at first, which is gonna be a bit intimidating since there are like 50k students at UNSW....

I've heard that certain residential colleges hold water fights during O-Week so that's gonna be very interesting!

angela_12

HSC
I'm a first year student in 2016 too so not sure how much help I'll be but here is a list of stuff on at o-week!!

http://oweek.info/2016/

I'm a bit nervous because I don't know many people either, just hope I meet really nice people :) What course are you doing next year?

Hey, @miaoww I'm doing Bachelor of Criminology & Criminal Justice! Wbu ?

miaoww

HSC
I'm doing a double of Commerce/Arts! :) Criminology sounds so interesting, is it researching criminal behaviour and stuff?

O-week sounds like a lot of fun, I'm still 17 though so I wont be able to go to half the night events which sucks so bad. Does anyone know if older students get involved in o-week as well or if it's mainly just first years?

It's a relief to know that other people don't know many going to UNSW either, I was nervous there were going to be big groups of first year students who already know each other

angela_12

HSC
I'm doing a double of Commerce/Arts! :) Criminology sounds so interesting, is it researching criminal behaviour and stuff?

O-week sounds like a lot of fun, I'm still 17 though so I wont be able to go to half the night events which sucks so bad. Does anyone know if older students get involved in o-week as well or if it's mainly just first years?

It's a relief to know that other people don't know many going to UNSW either, I was nervous there were going to be big groups of first year students who already know each other
Yeah criminology is more so like that :)

I'm still 17 too, I can't wait until April tho!!!! I'll finally be 18 ... then I can finally go to the UNI parties etc

I'm going O-week just to meet some new people, so when I finally start uni it won't be that daunting! Most of my friends are going to USYD, UTS, MAQU, WSU

loong21

HSC
Some people hate oweek, some people love it
just immerse yourself in as much as you possibly can to enjoy the full experience :D
the best part of it tbh is the roundhouse party.. i dont think ill go to this one though, i'd feel out of place haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)