Ideal First Year-First Semester Subjects for BCommerce (1 Viewer)

lusters

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm enrolling in B Commerce with the intent of transferring into Law in 2017.

I was wondering what were the ideal Commerce subjects to take in first year as to maximise WAM. Should I take a Gen Ed in Semester 1?

I've heard that MGMT1001 is a WAM killer but what combination of core/flexi-core subjects would be best to maximise wam in your opinion (should first sem just be only cores?).

Thank you very much

photastic

HSC
If you like maths do FINS1613 along with ECON1101, ACCT1501 and ECON1203 although many found ECON1203 difficult in the beginning.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
By all means avoid MGMT subs lol
MARK1012 could be a good WAM booster . It requires less efforts and it's easier imo

Freyo

HSC
I thought you HAD to pick the four core subjects in your first year?

HSC
N/A
Nope as long you complete it by the end of your degree.
So i am gonna do bachelor of arts and i want to transfer to bachelor of commerce.
From the compulsary first year commerce subjects i am only allowed to do microeconomics 1102 or some thing.
I gotta choose 4 subjects which means i need to do 3 art subjects and im possibly thinking of doing criminology and asian studies cos theyre the only interesting ones available from the bachelor of arts and it seems kinda easy.
Will i be behind if im able to transfer in to commerce next Year?
Can someone please give me any scenarios...
I can do marketing (mark 1012) but thats from the flexible subjects you choose in semester 2 (for people who do commerce in semester 2 you can choose marketing)
But if i dont major in marketing if i do commerce its a waste?
Could someone help me what to do...
Should i just do 3 art subjects and 1 commerce subject then?

HSC
N/A
So i am gonna do bachelor of arts and i want to transfer to bachelor of commerce.
From the compulsary first year commerce subjects i am only allowed to do microeconomics 1102 or some thing.
I gotta choose 4 subjects which means i need to do 3 art subjects and im possibly thinking of doing criminology and asian studies cos theyre the only interesting ones available from the bachelor of arts and it seems kinda easy.
I can do marketing (mark 1012) but thats from the flexible subjects you choose in semester 2 (for people who do commerce in semester 2 you can choose marketing)

leehuan

HSC
@OP: It's a common mistake for people to pick the 4 foundations ASAP. It's actually not compulsory at all.

Given that your desire is law, please do follow what photastic recommends. The higher your WAM, the easier it'll be to get your IPT.

Cut. The. Spam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)