comp1917 timetable clash - possible to skip lecture? (1 Viewer)

Renko

HSC
One of my electives clashes with a comp1917 lecture for the first hour. Is it possible to skip at least half of that lecture?
Apparently they've recorded those lectures online so will there be anything I'd miss if I don't turn up?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes

Talk to the cse student office about getting it approved and the lecturer

Flop21

HSC
No it's not, I range them. She laughed and said no.

Renko

HSC
Oh right. Yeah definitely ask OP! You can ring the faculties / student centre.
I just did, they told me to contact the lecturer in charge - Dr A. Finlayson.

Did you already contact her Flop?

Flop21

HSC
I just did, they told me to contact the lecturer in charge - Dr A. Finlayson.

Did you already contact her Flop?
No because my clash was with math and chem, not CSE department. But didn't contact any lecturers. I just settled for rearranging my timetable to be a bit shitter.

Renko

HSC
No because my clash was with math and chem, not CSE department. But didn't contact any lecturers. I just settled for rearranging my timetable to be a bit shitter.
Are you doing discrete math this semester? The timetable for that is bs so I just dropped it and plan to do it second semester.

Flop21

HSC
Are you doing discrete math this semester? The timetable for that is bs so I just dropped it and plan to do it second semester.
Nah because I've heard it's hard so didn't want to do it first semester when I know I'm already behind in my math compared to others.

Doing 2nd semester maybe, or even just next year (my double degree suggested schedule has it 2nd year anyway). Some dude told me it fills up real fast so whenever you plan on taking it, pick it straight away and get in a good spot.

leehuan

HSC
Put MATH1081 in sem 2.

D94

HSC
N/A
Very rarely are first year, first sem students allowed to have clashes. There must be extenuating circumstances for that to be allowed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)