Engineering Timetable Clash (1 Viewer)

watttahead

HSC
N/A
Hey BOS,

I'm doing Engineering/Commerce and I have a clash on my timetable mainly involving ENGG1000.

The subjects I'm enrolled in currently are:
MATH1141
PHYS1131
COMP1911
ELEC1111

I was just wondering if it's ok to do ENGG1000 in Semester 2 for Electrical Engineering. Apparently the choice of projects is more limited in Sem 2.

Thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
Which subjects are clashing?

It's ok to do it in Sem 2, but I've been directly told by a course convenor that students in Sem 2 are generally less enthusiastic about it. Tbh, the limited projects makes little difference. Report writing is far more important for that course.

purpleapple

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm also doing Elec engg and comm :) except comp1917 instead of 1911, and I know absolutely nothing about computing.....

You could also do Engg1000 next year semester 1, which is what I'm doing. That way I can do a commerce subject sometime this year (not following the 50/50 split, I'm sticking as close to Engg as possible).

I was just wondering if it's ok to do ENGG1000 in Semester 2 for Electrical Engineering. Apparently the choice of projects is more limited in Sem 2.

Thanks
If by that you meant whether or not you could do the Electrical Engg projects in Sem2 Engg1000, then I've no idea. However I was told by people (students and teacher) that students find the elec projects more challenging, so chances are that it might be genernally easier to get better marks by doing something else like the civil ones :p

Last edited:

watttahead

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replys.

The ENGG1000 lecture was clashing with my tutorial for MATH1141 (no other times that suited left sadly).

Hey I'm also doing Elec engg and comm :) except comp1917 instead of 1911, and I know absolutely nothing about computing.....

You could also do Engg1000 next year semester 1, which is what I'm doing. That way I can do a commerce subject sometime this year (not following the 50/50 split, I'm sticking as close to Engg as possible).
That is a great idea that I'll definitely look further into. Also, I was wondering what made you go for COMP1917 over COMP1911. I may swap the course to try 1917 and drop down if I can't handle it.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)