Is worth it to go to orientation week and are you going? (1 Viewer)

Going?

• yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • no

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
If you already got your student ID, I don't see a point of going. I am in mining engineering. Is it worth going for that?

humanitieslover

HSC
If you're new to UNSW I would say it's worth going just to see what O-Week is like.. the sheer size of it and the amazing vibes!! Also, if you're planning on joining and clubs/societies it's the perfect place to do so. If you want to meet some new friends, attending a faculty welcome can be an awesome place to start! I met a few new friends at the Law bbq if I remember correctly :p Have a great time if you do go :D

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Go with your friends, and make sure you know where your tute rooms and lectures are!

Flop21

HSC
Do most people go with their friends? What if you know 0 people at UNSW?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Go and meet people, and make friends then :)

I think lots of people go with their friends (assuming some friends attend the same uni)

Flop21

HSC
Go and meet people, and make friends then :)

I think lots of people go with their friends (assuming some friends attend the same uni)
Okay coolio. Any 2015ers going to o-week? Or any going that doesn't really know anyone, let's meet up :D

D94

HSC
N/A
this obviously calls for a unsw bos meat

but since you live on campus, you have greater opportunities to make new friends

leehuan

HSC
Okay coolio. Any 2015ers going to o-week? Or any going that doesn't really know anyone, let's meet up :D
Of course I'm going to O-week. But Mon-Wed I'm attending a fair load of lectures though.

loong21

HSC
i'm a 2015er thinking of attending o-week (missed the last one) :D
I didn't know we had lectures during it though??

leehuan

HSC
Also.

@OP: Going to O-week for your ID card is also a very bad idea. The crowds are massive and it's recommended you get your ID card well BEFORE O-week

-Senpai

HSC
Also.

@OP: Going to O-week for your ID card is also a very bad idea. The crowds are massive and it's recommended you get your ID card well BEFORE O-week
I went and got my ID card from the library on the 25th of January - The guy said they were expected to have everyone's details by the 27th of January (today) but since I accepted my offer and did everything on the 20th I was able to get it. Remember to bring some form of ID with a recent picture of yourself (I brought my passport)

+ They've scrapped the aluminium foil concession sticker on the ID card - You can't get it anymore

+ Arc will be renewing membership and giving out membership closer to O-Week (It's too early at the moment)

leehuan

HSC
I went and got my ID card from the library on the 25th of January - The guy said they were expected to have everyone's details by the 27th of January (today) but since I accepted my offer and did everything on the 20th I was able to get it. Remember to bring some form of ID with a recent picture of yourself (I brought my passport)

+ They've scrapped the aluminium foil concession sticker on the ID card - You can't get it anymore

+ Arc will be renewing membership and giving out membership closer to O-Week (It's too early at the moment)
I'm getting it as soon as I'm bothered. And yes, I'm well aware that you need to bring ID - I'm using my licence.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What benefit is there other than just exploring the uni life? Is there any study benefit?

leehuan

HSC
What benefit is there other than just exploring the uni life? Is there any study benefit?
Once again, I literally posted a link several comments above with some possible lectures you could attend lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)