Matriculation and HECS (1 Viewer)

shaniqua1

HSC
Hi,
My status for my course in myUNSW is matriculation. Does that mean I've done everything needed and all I have to do is wait till feb 29 and start going uni?

Also, for HECS, how does it work? So after each semester do I go to the office or something and tell them to apply HECS?
Thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
Hi,
My status for my course in myUNSW is matriculation. Does that mean I've done everything needed and all I have to do is wait till feb 29 and start going uni?
The matriculation will complete in a day or two. If you haven't selected your classes, then you will need to do that.

Also, for HECS, how does it work? So after each semester do I go to the office or something and tell them to apply HECS?
Thanks
No, that is organised on myUNSW. If you are in matriculation but haven't gotten to this stage yet, then I don't think you've completed your enrolment. You will be given options to apply for HECS and SA-HELP or to pay upfront. All done via myUNSW, and you only need to do it once for your entire degree.

Keep checking myUNSW for updates.

shaniqua1

HSC
The matriculation will complete in a day or two. If you haven't selected your classes, then you will need to do that.

No, that is organised on myUNSW. If you are in matriculation but haven't gotten to this stage yet, then I don't think you've completed your enrolment. You will be given options to apply for HECS and SA-HELP or to pay upfront. All done via myUNSW, and you only need to do it once for your entire degree.

Keep checking myUNSW for updates.
What is matriculation supposed to turn into? I enrolled on the 21st of January. I believe I've already enrolled because my timetable shows up with all blue classes, as well as I've already ticked options for "Apply for HECS-HELP" and it says my course is HECS-HELP eligible.

D94

HSC
N/A
What is matriculation supposed to turn into? I enrolled on the 21st of January. I believe I've already enrolled because my timetable shows up with all blue classes, as well as I've already ticked options for "Apply for HECS-HELP" and it says my course is HECS-HELP eligible.
Well it seems like you're done. The 'matriculation' should simply disappear (since that means you've officially enrolled at UNSW). Maybe call UNSW since it has been 2 weeks.

If you've ticked all that for HECS, then that's all you need to do. You don't need to see anyone in person.

shaniqua1

HSC
Well it seems like you're done. The 'matriculation' should simply disappear (since that means you've officially enrolled at UNSW). Maybe call UNSW since it has been 2 weeks.

If you've ticked all that for HECS, then that's all you need to do. You don't need to see anyone in person.
Thank you! Wondering if any other first years here have the same status?

-Senpai

HSC
I asked the staff at UNSW student central and they say that the matriculation status can stay there until you complete your entire degree so don't be too fussed about it

You will develop a HECS debt after the census date (31 March) and it will depend on the subjects you do - Once graduating you don't pay back HECS until you're earning over $50 000 a year

D94

HSC
N/A
I asked the staff at UNSW student central and they say that the matriculation status can stay there until you complete your entire degree so don't be too fussed about it
I really don't think that is correct (despite what they told you). I've had it twice - the first time when I started in 2012, and the second time when I internally transferred courses. Both times it disappeared within a matter of days. But yes, nothing to be fussed about if you've enrolled into all your courses, applied for HECS and can see your academic transcript and standing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)