texbooks @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

shaniqua1

HSC
Should I buy from the bookshop or should I buy it second-hand since it's cheaper (any suggestions on where to buy it second-hand?) and are there any torrent sites for PDF downloads?
Thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You may be required to have a certain edition, as the you may be required to answer for homework questions that change in each edition as part of the assessment process.

Search for second hand textbooks on gumtree or look for facebook groups dealing with second hand book selling for UNSW students.

Flop21

HSC
Charging that much for textbooks should be illegal. So messed up we have to pay this on top of uni fees plus other fees.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Should I buy from the bookshop or should I buy it second-hand since it's cheaper (any suggestions on where to buy it second-hand?) and are there any torrent sites for PDF downloads?
Thanks
could probs find pdfs around somewhere. just gotta be friends with the sydney boiz or girlz

Elixir

HSC
StudentVIP is really good. Got all my textbooks from there at a really great price :)

But be careful because, like BLIT said, some units require a certain edition of the textbook. Just check with your unit coordinator if using a different edition to the one listed is ok.

https://studentvip.com.au/textbooks

photastic

HSC
Textbook Exchange on Facebook is pretty good as well for second hand books. Just make sure its the right version since I have seen a few selling the wrong versions recently.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So you're saying textbooks cost more for law students? Wow... sounds like something to COMPLAIN about.
when you're forking out several hundred dollars per textbook, then that's worth complaining about

but "omfg this commerce textbook $100 QQ GG MY LIFE" is not

Personally, I don't think the prices are complainable at all for many textbooks. Some of them are written by internationally acclaimed authors, experts in their field, who know what they are talking about, and I'm just happy someone has taken the time to condense all of that knowledge into a readable form appropriate to my level of knowledge, written by people who know their stuff. And I don't mind paying a little premium for that.

It's why all the textbooks I've ever decided to keep are ones I've bought new.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
mfw u do maths

mfw u dont need textbooks

~:D

Flop21

HSC
when you're forking out several hundred dollars per textbook, then that's worth complaining about

but "omfg this commerce textbook $100 QQ GG MY LIFE" is not

Personally, I don't think the prices are complainable at all for many textbooks. Some of them are written by internationally acclaimed authors, experts in their field, who know what they are talking about, and I'm just happy someone has taken the time to condense all of that knowledge into a readable form appropriate to my level of knowledge, written by people who know their stuff. And I don't mind paying a little premium for that.

It's why all the textbooks I've ever decided to keep are ones I've bought new.

Personally, I'm complaining anyway.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
shame the 1k from centrelink is now a loan for new students

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Charging that much for textbooks should be illegal. So messed up we have to pay this on top of uni fees plus other fees.
Boo hoo.

It's messed up how we have to pay for anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)