ELEC1111 or PSYC1001?? (1 Viewer)

riceislove

HSC
Hey guys I need help!!!

Im considering these two as my sem 1 free elective. Both has online lectures, which I am considering (since I dont think I can handle 6 to 7 pm psych lecture for 3 days urgh its too late). If you have any experience please let me know!!

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
Done both, elec1111 is a bitch and depend on how good you are with electrical circuits is pretty hard, was a struggle during the lab exam and final exam to even pass. Psyc1001 is pretty chilled, very easy to pass but a bit harder to get high marks unless you put some work into it but they give you 10 marks to be a guinea pig for their psyc experiment.

riceislove

HSC
Thank you so much! If I choose the web lecture (for psyc1001) can I simply pop into the normal lectures when I have time? Or will they kick me out...

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
Unless things have changed, you can rock up to any lecture even if you're not a student. I never been to a lecture where they take roll. But last time I been to a psyc lectures, especially the first few weeks it get pretty packed where students had to still on the floor but around week 5, people stop going to lectures as much. Not sure what the go with it these days but pretty sure you can just rock up to any lec time you want as long as you're early enough to snag those seats.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah ELEC1111 is a tough course. Probably harder than half the 2nd year courses I've done back at the time. If I were to do 1111 now however I would do really well.

Are you planning to do engineering under either school of mech, elec or comp? If so, then take 1111.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)