new 2016 concession foil (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
Apparently they're phased out where is currently no concession stickers for 2016 due to most paper tickets no longer been sold. All students must merge to using a opal concession card. Proof of entailment is student card alone with no 2016 foil with your current opal card together at all times.

D94

HSC
N/A
Since the opal concession card is directly linked to your university profile, the only proof of entitlement needed is your university student ID card, to prove that you are the holder of that opal card.

i.e. no foil sticker is needed, but you must carry your student ID card with you when you use your opal card.

pomsky

HSC
Apparently they're phased out where is currently no concession stickers for 2016 due to most paper tickets no longer been sold. All students must merge to using a opal concession card. Proof of entailment is student card alone with no 2016 foil with your current opal card together at all times.
Wait, so if I haven't gotten a university concession card yet (or the ID) could I use the 2015-2016 concession foil with a child opal card, or do I need to get an adult opal card for trips until I get a university concession opal card?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
At WSU people had stood in like for like 45 minutes for a foil thing only to get to the front of the line and be told they don't need them hahahaha

I shouldn't be laughing but

'Twas pretty funny

Wait, so if I haven't gotten a university concession card yet (or the ID) could I use the 2015-2016 concession foil with a child opal card, or do I need to get an adult opal card for trips until I get a university concession opal card?
Yes (as far as I'm aware) as it expires 31/03/16

I've had many transits check mine and look at it and they've all said it's fine

froogle

HSC
N/A
I'd get one just in case. Some transit officers still ask for the sticker foil.
I've always had a sticker, so never needed to talk/explain to one about not having one...

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'd get one just in case. Some transit officers still ask for the sticker foil.
I've always had a sticker, so never needed to talk/explain to one about not having one...
I'm not sure if you can

At WSU they turned everyone away as they're phased out so technically are no longer necessary

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
I got my concession sticker :) They wouldn't give you the sticker if you are just travelling within Sydney- as your uni ID is sufficient. My boyfriend and I managed to get the stickers as we mentioned we travel rural sometimes (mainly me since Medical students have rural placements).

The FM assist lady has limited number of concession stickers- but if you mention you are travelling interstate by train/going rurally often and provide a reason for it- she gives you the sticker!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
My opal card didn't work this morning

fakn opal gonna say i go to uluru regularly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)