Engineering courses in 1st Semester or 2nd Semester (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
Im a first year engo student and due to a timetable screw up im only able to do 3 courses for my first semester. Those courses are MATH1131, PHYS1121 and MATS1101. I was told that the standard courses are maths, physics, computing and engineering design, so i'm going to have to do computing and engineering design in the 2nd semester. Will doing these courses in the 2nd semester have any implications that i don't know of? Other than the fact I may have to go to summer school to catch up.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
no downside that is fine.

you are limited to ONLY doing COMP1917 or ENGG1811 for your computing course in 2nd semester but that's not that bad.

you can do one course in the summer semester to make up the 48UoC to complete 1st year

D94

HSC
N/A
There are very few summer courses available for engineering. There could be some available but it's best to avoid that. I'd advise you to find another engineering course to ensure you have 4 this semester.

Even consider not doing MATS1101 (unless that's core for you) and finding 2 other courses that fit.

It's ok to do ENGG1000 and computing in 2nd semester, however, we won't know if that will affect 2nd semester courses until then.

What is your engineering major? (and other degree if a double)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you could do ELEC1111 and MINE1010

afaik they're the only 2 summer courses available

asadhkhan17

HSC
Im doing mat sci and engineering/Masters in Biomed. So if the summer courses I need arent available, I might have to stay for another semester perhaps. I guess its not too bad, but what if i did 5 courses in the 2nd semester to catch up? I guess it would be overloading but do you guys know anyone who's ever done that?

D94

HSC
N/A
Im doing mat sci and engineering/Masters in Biomed. So if the summer courses I need arent available, I might have to stay for another semester perhaps. I guess its not too bad, but what if i did 5 courses in the 2nd semester to catch up? I guess it would be overloading but do you guys know anyone who's ever done that?
Please look at the handbook and program outline. You cannot do MATS1101

http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/*/3133 - MSE Program Guide with link.pdf
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2016/3133.html
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2016/3131.html

You won't be allowed to overload in first year, unless you have a WAM well exceeding 85.

asadhkhan17

HSC
I just sent an email to the MSE faculty since they weren't picking up the phone. So hopefully they give some proper help. I wana replace MATS1101 with computing and engineering design.

asadhkhan17

HSC
BTW do you guys know where i can find a list of all the summer courses available for engo?

asadhkhan17

HSC
Update: D94, thank you for informing me about how i cant do MATS1101. And now i've wiggled my way into higher chem, although the timings are slightly inconvenient. So yeah, thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)