Transferring courses (1 Viewer)

Valcro7

HSC
Hi, everyone.

Does anyone know how lenient UNSW is with transferring courses for first year undergraduate students, and how soon you're able to apply for an IPT? Do you have to at least spend one semester studying something before you're eligible? I've visited the UNSW IPT website, but there are still some things I'm unsure about.

I know that it's easier to transfer between similar courses, but what if it's not that similar. For example, if you need a minimum WAM of 80 in Math courses & completion of a minimum of 12 UOC in MATH courses to transfer to Advanced Mathematics, what would you do if you currently don't study any math courses? How would you obtain the needed WAM for that?

I'd also appreciate it if someone could explain how my fees would be affected as a result of an IPT.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi, everyone.

Does anyone know how lenient UNSW is with transferring courses for first year undergraduate students, and how soon you're able to apply for an IPT? Do you have to at least spend one semester studying something before you're eligible? I've visited the UNSW IPT website, but there are still some things I'm unsure about.

I know that it's easier to transfer between similar courses, but what if it's not that similar. For example, if you need a minimum WAM of 80 in Math courses & completion of a minimum of 12 UOC in MATH courses to transfer to Advanced Mathematics, what would you do if you currently don't study any math courses? How would you obtain the needed WAM for that?

I'd also appreciate it if someone could explain how my fees would be affected as a result of an IPT.

Thanks in advance.
well then you'd have to take 12 units of credit of maths courses, obviously

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Fees won't be affected aside from doing extra subjects so that will add to them. And generally to transfer you need 48uoc or one full year being complemented but I guess with adv math you also would have needed to complete the 18uoc of math within those 48uoc.

Valcro7

HSC
well then you'd have to take 12 units of credit of maths courses, obviously
Thanks for replying.

But what would happen to the current courses that I'm doing that aren't maths related? Do I just completely discard those? Or would I have to take the math courses on top of the courses I already do?

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thanks for replying.

But what would happen to the current courses that I'm doing that aren't maths related? Do I just completely discard those? Or would I have to take the math courses on top of the courses I already do?
you're transferring

so you're going to have to not do courses for your own degree to take up maths courses

and then hope like hell you get the transfer, or you would've just wasted two slots doing irrelevant stuff

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
you do math subjects until you've earned the required UoC for it and ignore ur degree subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)