Is there anybody has the major of Electrical Engineering? (1 Viewer)

JohnYang_UNSW_16

HSC
I am going to be the new of the UNSW. I want to preview some of the basic courses.
Does anyone know the course list of the first term or year?
And can I change my major in some ways?
BTW is there any advice to preview?
THX in advance.

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
I thought all freshers do a basic 1st year course like Physics, maths, a engineering design course along with a few electives.

And yea you can transfer your major, depending if it inter-school or inter-faculty or even to a completely different degree will determine how easy or how much wam you need to get into something else.

JohnYang_UNSW_16

HSC
Thanks for your reply.
You mostly solved my first question, I think. So thanks a lot. Btw, what about a little more details thus I can do the preview.

What about electronic engineering or computer engineering?

Thanks and appreciate that.

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
What you mean by preview? Guess you can use this to find your subjects, http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/2016/index.html or just google the subject and try to find a course outline to get an idea what will be taught and how things will be assessed.

I'm not in elec eng bu mech eng. But seems like electronic engineering is probably in the same school as elec eng and should be pretty easy to change. Computer engineering probably requires a whole internal transfer thing and you probs require a wam of 65+. And depending how late you transfer you might have your degree delayed.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Electrical engineering is what you graduate with. You can do electives related to electronics, power systems, control systems, photonics, telecommunications and signal processing. In the end you still graduate as an electrical engineer.

Computer engineering is quite different. It's like 2 years of electrical and the rest is completely different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)