Dropping out in Mid-break (1 Viewer)

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Hello,
I'm thinking (not decided yet) about dropping out/deferring Uni. If I was too, I'd want to do it before the census date, the 31st of March. But with the Mid-semester break on next week, would I have to do it before the break to beat the census date, or can I drop out during the break, but still before the census date ? Also, what's the process in the latter case ?

Cheers.

D94

HSC
N/A
3. You have accepted your offer via myUNSW and are enrolled in at least one course.

If you have already accepted your offer and enrolled in at least one course and then decide that you want to defer you can request a deferment via myUNSW’s online Program Leave/Discontinuation service. Log into myUNSW and go to My Student Profile tab > My Student Services channel > Online Services > Program Leave/Discontinuation. You must apply to defer no later than the census date.
http://www.gettingstarted.unsw.edu.au/deferment-–-domestic-undergraduate

Deferring basically means you have an offer, and you may re-enrol back to UNSW with that same degree. This is just for students commencing at UNSW prior to their first ever census date, i.e. first year students in their first semester.

Program leave means you are currently studying and you take some time off for whatever reason and then come back to continue. Program discontinuation means you are no longer a student at UNSW.

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
http://www.gettingstarted.unsw.edu.au/deferment-–-domestic-undergraduate

Deferring basically means you have an offer, and you may re-enrol back to UNSW with that same degree. This is just for students commencing at UNSW prior to their first ever census date, i.e. first year students in their first semester.

Program leave means you are currently studying and you take some time off for whatever reason and then come back to continue. Program discontinuation means you are no longer a student at UNSW.
That makes sense, cheers. One thing though is when I actually go to myUNSW and the program leave/discontinuation tab which redirects me to a new site, I don't see any options for deferring, only program leave and discontinuation. So if I've accepted my offer, enrolled and attended some classes, but I want to defer before the census date, how do I do so exactly ?

D94

HSC
N/A
That makes sense, cheers. One thing though is when I actually go to myUNSW and the program leave/discontinuation tab which redirects me to a new site, I don't see any options for deferring, only program leave and discontinuation. So if I've accepted my offer, enrolled and attended some classes, but I want to defer before the census date, how do I do so exactly ?
It's literally says it in that link: http://www.gettingstarted.unsw.edu.au/deferment-–-domestic-undergraduate

How do I defer?
3. You have accepted your offer via myUNSW and are enrolled in at least one course.

If you have already accepted your offer and enrolled in at least one course and then decide that you want to defer you can request a deferment via myUNSW’s online Program Leave/Discontinuation service. Log into myUNSW and go to My Student Profile tab > My Student Services channel > Online Services > Program Leave/Discontinuation. You must apply to defer no later than the census date.
There should be an option for you to defer. You should create a New Application (at the top header).

If it looks the same, then you want to select Program Leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)