Not sure I want to do education anymore... (1 Viewer)

Kimbi

HSC
Hey everyone

So in my first year I did a b of media communications and journalism. I decided it wasn't my thing so I in my second year I decided to do b arts/education (secondary).

It's now my third year into it and to be honest I feel like I have been suppressing my feelings towards it. Initially i didn't want to but many people told me I have teaching abilities, and some other advice about the pros and I cons I decided to do it. I have had experience with teaching and I do admit I am quiet passionate at times, unless it starts to become quite hard for me.

I spoke to an old friend of mine a few weeks ago who is now doing accounting. Tbh she isn't really the teaching type however she did complete the degree. One thing that stood out to me was when she said she dropped education because she noticed no one appreciated her and it was wasting her time, plus all the workload as well. Now I know this depends on many factors but I can't help but think the majority of classes are just so time consuming, so much energy is put and the outcome is getting a crap response, no matter what techniques you're using, strategies etc, it feels like a waste.

Atm I just feel like moving back to a b arts only and getting out of uni. I've done heaps of arts courses that I'm thinking I may only need a few courses since I may be able to transfer? I just want to move on with my life. I'm not looking to work necessarily as I don't mind this tutoring job I have. The only thing stopping me is I keep thinking what if I may need it in the future. By the way I'm already married so I just feel like I've moved on enough and want to start having kids too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)