Is it a good idea to do 2 gen ed courses over the summer after first year? (1 Viewer)

UNSWStudent

HSC
I am in my first year of CompSci and I am thinking about doing two gen ed courses in the summer after first year.

This would mean that I can do 3 subjects per semester in 3rd year, giving me more time to work projects, do an internship/part-time work or whatever else.

Is there anything wrong with doing this? What are some disadvantages to doing this that I am overlooking?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing wrong with doing that

my plan is to do one gen ed this summer and another one next summer

UNSWStudent

HSC
What are you thinking of doing?
The only interesting summer subject I found so far is ECON1101. I need to find one more subject.

D94

HSC
N/A
That's fine, but prioritise finding work experience for the summer over doing a course. I think you might be limited to doing only 1 summer term course per summer.

UNSWStudent

HSC
That's fine, but prioritise finding work experience for the summer over doing a course. I think you might be limited to doing only 1 summer term course per summer.
I thought I can do two but if I can only do one then I can do a super easy course so I don't have to attend lectures and so I can still do work experience at the same time.

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
PHYS1160 ftw!! Easy grades, little commitment :p There are others as well (where the course finishes within a 3 days and easy assessments).

I did my 2 gen eds over summer too. Completely manageable and got 90+ for both of them

Also volunteered extensively during that holiday, went overseas and had fun!

Last edited:

UNSWStudent

HSC
PHYS1160 ftw!! Easy grades, little commitment :p There are others as well (where the course finishes within a 3 days and easy assessments).

I did my 2 gen eds over summer too. Completely manageable and got 90+ for both of them

Also volunteered extensively during that holiday, went overseas and had fun!
Thank you very much for the info. What's the second subject you did?

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
GENY0003 (Academic Skills writing): Generally easy course, 1 week at uni, 15% class participation. if you aren't a huge fan of Alice in wonderland, maybe not the course for you

Friends did:
SciFi (Forgot the exact course code): Easy course, watch movies and small quiz after, 1 week at uni, pretty fun! (But early nov-dec)
Ways of reasoning: Easy course again, 1 week of uni (1st week), mainly essays
Global finance (online): Relatively easy, think it's 1-2 hours a week of work, completely online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)