Degree Transfer with Atar? (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
I'm a first year engo student at UNSW and I'd like to transfer to exercise physiology. My atar would pretty much guarantee me into exercise physiology but it doesn't run in semester 2 so I'd have to transfer next year. I've heard that after a full year of uni, you are not permitted to transfer to a different course using your atar. So my question is, is that statement is true?

Side Note: I'm not confident I'll get in with my wam.

D94

HSC
N/A
You wouldn't be transferring, you'd be discontinuing one degree, and competing for a position in a new degree.

https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/how-to-apply

I have completed 1 semester of study
One full-time semester of tertiary study is not enough to assess you for entry to UNSW. For this reason you will be assessed on your most recent assessable qualification (e.g. HSC or equivalent).

To have your university studies considered for admission, you must complete at least one year of full-time study (minimum 0.75 full time equivalent load) within one degree at another university.

As every situation is unique, it's probably best that we have a chat to discuss your specific circumstances and how you're likely to be assessed for admission to UNSW.

I have completed no more than 2 semesters of study
If you have completed a minimum of 0.75 of a full-time equivalent study load and not more than 1.0 full-time equivalent study load in a single degree program (i.e. 2 full-time semesters or 1 full-time semester and 1 part time semester), you will be assessed for admission to UNSW on either your first year of tertiary study results OR your ATAR (or equivalent) - whichever is better.

To study at UNSW you will need to submit an application via the Universities Admissions Centre. Visit their website for detailed information on how to apply.
Since mid-year intake for local students has closed, you can apply via UAC for next year using your ATAR only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)