Asked for a remark, still failed..... help please (1 Viewer)

exeternal

HSC
N/A
I am a first year arts and business student, and i undertook MGMT1001 in 2016 S1
one of the assignments that was worth 30%
i had 3 different past years reports (which all scored D+)to look at, i even started the assignment 2 weeks before it was due, and was working on it daily, yet i still failed and got a 46
After reading the comments, i find it extremely absurd and unprofessional so i went ahead and filed an application for reassessment with the following reasons
reasons for re-assessment

1. Vague comments from the marker such as– ‘your failure to follow instructions has seriously impacted your mark?’ what exactly is the marker talking about?
2. The marker said my ‘report focus’ is not appropriate when I have seen it on many other reports. Did this affect my mark?
3. I clearly identified what my report will be about in my executive summary, for instance,
'This report will identify the primary cause of decline in both team and individual achievement through an analysis and reflection of team member attributes, cultural differences, ethics and interpersonal skills. As such, constant team conflicts have hindered overall team success, however this experience has also allowed me to acquire an in-depth understanding of the importance of cooperation and communication in team mangement'
yet the marker still referred to my executive summary as not clear.
4. After clearly stating ‘the issue of online communication’ multiple times, the marker still questioned ‘so what are the issues that arose?’ such comment makes me question whether the marker actually read my report or just skimmed through it.
5. The marker questioned ‘did leadership style change? when? how? why not?’ the answer to his questions lies directly above the highlight parts of the paragraph, where I stated my change from democratic leadership to laissez faire was a complete failure and was supported by simulation experiences to demonstrate why it failed and how it happened.
6. Marker’s comments were unprofessional - ‘were you climbing Everest or teaching English?’ - i sense mockery on my report and unprofessionalism from the marker, judging from this, i felt like he did not take my report seriously at one point or another.
7. Over half the comments were stating ‘outdated source’ - i have referenced the theory/models that was created by the original founders and referenced their discover date as shown in the lecture slides
8. Another comment stating ‘so what exactly is the issue here?’ when it is clearly stated in my opening sentence that the misuse of ‘laissez faire approach’ caused this this and that.
9. Judging from the marking criteria and the system of marking approach used in the management school, i do not understand where he was able to deduct so much marks, which is why i feel unjustly marked and am asking for a remark
10. Would like more comments to justify my marks, so i know where went wrong and where i could improve in future assignments

4 weeks later, I got an email saying the result of the remark was that I got 47.5 instead of 46, which didn’t change my WAM even by a decimal place.
Now all my emotions aside, I find it hard to believe that the person who remarked my assignment did not know my previous mark, and did not have access to my previous markers comments, or else my mark would not be this low

I feel pretty screwed over on so many levels, as I want to transfer to commerce but my WAM Is not even on credit right now……

is there anything I can do about this situation?

thanks

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The report will ask you to focus on specific topics within the course. Was it perhaps that you didn't address the two particular topics they wanted you to talk about only?

asi9

HSC
Suck it up and smash this sem with HDs to get your WAM high enough to transfer brah

exeternal

HSC
N/A
I went to the management administration centre today, they told me to email the remarker (Catherina Collins)
Lynn Gribbles (LIC) just went on holidays the week i applied
I feel like they didn't even bother giving students who remark a proper and fair assessment

exeternal

HSC
N/A
The report will ask you to focus on specific topics within the course. Was it perhaps that you didn't address the two particular topics they wanted you to talk about only?
I am pretty certain i did address the particular topics
I didn't copy the past reports or anything in that matter
My similarity was pretty low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)