AAA AWARD at UNSW (1 Viewer)

sss77s

HSC
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if the AAA award at UNSW goes to the person with the next highest atar- if the Dux of the school does not put UNSW down as a preference/does not accept the offer.
Thanks!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is up to the school to decide that, it doesn't automatically goes to the person with the highest ATAR from that school that puts UNSW as a top preference.But I am not completely sure so the best thing to do is to call up the scholarship faculty at UNSW.

sss77s

HSC
thanks.
I thought its automatically elected now by UNSW- according to the ATAR.

HSC
N/A
I believe its automatically now (they recently changed it), I missed out a few years back because my idiotic school nominated the highest ATAR student despite knowing his intentions of going to usyd

Ambility

HSC
I received an email notifying me I was eligible for the AAA award on the ATAR morning, so I believe it is an automated thing. The school was trying to figure out who had the highest ATAR because a few students were overseas/on a plane. I knew I had it because I had received the email, but I kept it to myself.

D94

HSC
N/A
I received an email notifying me I was eligible for the AAA award on the ATAR morning, so I believe it is an automated thing. The school was trying to figure out who had the highest ATAR because a few students were overseas/on a plane. I knew I had it because I had received the email, but I kept it to myself.
Did you put UNSW as a preference?

What if you did get the highest ATAR, but you didn't put UNSW as a preference? The AAA is only awarded to students who put UNSW as a preference, so could it be possible that someone else has a higher ATAR but didn't put UNSW down as a preference? (unless UNSW still tells you regardless of if you put them down or not)

Ambility

HSC

What if you did get the highest ATAR, but you didn't put UNSW as a preference? The AAA is only awarded to students who put UNSW as a preference, so could it be possible that someone else has a higher ATAR but didn't put UNSW down as a preference? (unless UNSW still tells you regardless of if you put them down or not)
I did have a UNSW course as my first (and only) preference. I think you must have both a UNSW course as your first preference and the highest ATAR.

Pershern

HSC
N/A
I did have a UNSW course as my first (and only) preference. I think you must have both a UNSW course as your first preference and the highest ATAR.
You only need to have listed UNSW at any preference to be eligible for AAA.

D94

HSC
N/A
Ok so that doesn't actually confirm you were the dux though (although it's likely that you are). What if someone with a higher ATAR only placed say USYD in their preferences? Would they have received an email from UNSW telling them to choose UNSW? Seems unlikely.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

ATARs are not public knowledge; only UAC and the individual are meant to know them.
So, I'm assuming UNSW elected for UAC to tell them of the highest ATAR student at schools that had preferenced them; not actually given them a list of everyone's ATARs.
So it's quite possible someone who preferenced USyd (or elsewhere) got a higher ATAR.

timmythelamb

HSC
If you still have access to your personalised website from UNSW, you should know if you are eligible.

The website link was emailed to you sometime in both November and October. On the page, it shows whether you have guaranteed entry, and if you scroll further down to "Check my scholarships," it tells you whether you are eligible for the AAA, along with the status of other scholarships you entered/qualified for.

I was 0.15 off getting the Scientia :( ... But I guess the AAA is better than nothing.

Hope this helps!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)