Help with choosing courses? (Maths and Physics 1131/1141) (1 Viewer)

samla07

HSC
Hi! So I am doing the Bachelor of Advanced Science, but I'm still debating over which courses I want to enrol in.

I don't know yet what I'm going to major in, so for first semester I'm going to do one of the SCIF courses and BABS1201, and also a maths and physics course. I'm leaning towards maybe majoring in physics.

I'm not sure whether to pick 1131 or 1141 for both maths and physics. Does anyone have any experience with either of them? How much more difficult is 1141 compared to the respective 1131 course for each subject? If I do end up majoring in physics, will there be any advantage to having taken 1141? Also, I'm worried about my knowledge not being enough - it is totally necessary to have done ext 2 maths to do 1141 (I haven't), or will I be able to keep up with some hard work?

Thanks so much!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
since you're doing adv sci you're expected to do the higher levels of subjects. if you're planning on majoring ing phys you'll need to do PHYS1141 and it would be high recommended that you also do MATH1141. Adv science also requires to have a >75WAM so maybe chosing MATH1131 would be a good idea to get better marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)