First Year Engineering Textbooks (1 Viewer)

akkatracker

HSC
Just some questions regarding textbooks:

I'm doing ENGG1000, MATH1131, PHYS1131 and COMP1511

To my knowledge only Math and Phys have prescribed textbooks (please correct if wrong):

The Physics Textbook (from a doc published this year) is: Fundamentals of Physics (Extended) 10th Edition
The Maths Textbook (from a doc published last year) is: Calculus in One and Several Variables.

My questions are:

1) Do we need the WileyCard access for Fundamentals of Physics (i.e. do I have to buy the book new or can I buy used)
2) When do you find out officially what you need?
3) If we can buy them used does anyone want to get rid of theirs?

t_davis9

HSC
1) You don't need the WileyCard, but you may find it useful if you do have it (I don't recommend buying it)
2) When the course outlines (aka syllabus) are released, which is around the time that everyone starts back.
3)I'm selling the MATH1131/MATH1141 book, which is also the book for MATH1231/MATH1241. Let me know if you're interested!

I97

HSC
You do not need the math textbook, but the course pack is a MUST! The course pack is basically a textbook in itself tailored to the course + all the problems. You also don't need the physics textbook, but if you wish to have it as an extra resource you can find a pdf version online if you try finding it

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
if you want the math1131 course pack I'd sell my cheap for like $15. considering you have to buy one anyway which is like $45 or 50 iirc

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that if you search the title of the physics textbook followed by "pdf" on google there are some useful links that may help assist you with your studies

;)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
being honest i'll do a quick review of the textbooks

ENGG1000 "some design textbook"
the textbook is literally a hybrid of ebola and aids. you will not need it to be successful in this course.

MATH1131 "calculus of variables or whatever" 7ed
didn't touch once lol. if you look on unsw sale groups most people are like "selling brand new didn't open, want full price" (dumb cunts) because basically it isn't necessary

PHYS1131 "fundamentals of blab blah" 10ed
not necessary, when you buy your lab book you get a problem set you collect from level 1 of OMB that is enough along with past papers and attending the problem solving class

COMP1511 ''Programming, Problem Solving, and Abstraction with C''
look tbh it is not necessary, the lectures cover it and you can find what you need online

akkatracker

HSC
if you want the math1131 course pack I'd sell my cheap for like $15. considering you have to buy one anyway which is like $45 or 50 iirc
Does the course pack change year by year? If not I'd be interested - pm me.

I already have the pdf of the physics text but I work 100x better with a physical copy. I'm thinking the investment may pay off if I can get a cheap used one.

akkatracker

HSC
1) You don't need the WileyCard, but you may find it useful if you do have it (I don't recommend buying it)
2) When the course outlines (aka syllabus) are released, which is around the time that everyone starts back.
3)I'm selling the MATH1131/MATH1141 book, which is also the book for MATH1231/MATH1241. Let me know if you're interested!
Am interested in the book - can you pm me?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Does the course pack change year by year? If not I'd be interested - pm me.

I already have the pdf of the physics text but I work 100x better with a physical copy. I'm thinking the investment may pay off if I can get a cheap used one.
The content doesn't change (calculus has been the same since it was invented) it's just small typos that have been corrected over time and page numbers etc. Nothing major

Replied to your PM

akkatracker

HSC
Only thing u need is math course pack and phys lab manual don't be a dumb fuck and waste money
If the price is right I'll buy the phys and maths textbooks 2nd hand.

Don't give 2 shits about the ENGG1000 and COMP one.

akkatracker

HSC
The content doesn't change (calculus has been the same since it was invented) it's just small typos that have been corrected over time and page numbers etc. Nothing major

Replied to your PM
Can't find your message in my inbox - did you respond to the wrong person?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)