UNSW Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Pius

HSC
My first preference was 'Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education' at UNSW, however I received and accepted an offer for my second preference 'Bachelor of Arts' at UNSW. I'm waiting for the February offer round to see if I can get into my first preference, however I checked the class timetable and the enrols to capacity ratio for the course is 119/120 - I doubt I'll receive an offer for the class. I need some advice on how to get into my first preference, even if it's just completing my first yea and transferring internally.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Internal Program Transfer: basically do well in your subjects and get a high average mark, and then transfer in via the online form which will open up during semester

With that said, I believe most internal transfers require one full year of uni before you can transfer

D94

HSC
N/A
Enrol in your courses now. Since Arts is in the double degree that you want to transfer into, you don't really need to worry so long as you don't screw up. Get that 65+ WAM and the internal transfer will be quite easy.

If that's Arts/Education (Secondary), you can actually transfer after just 1 semester (instead of 2 semesters for most degrees).

https://student.unsw.edu.au/ipt-fass

Pius

HSC
Enrol in your courses now. Since Arts is in the double degree that you want to transfer into, you don't really need to worry so long as you don't screw up. Get that 65+ WAM and the internal transfer will be quite easy.

If that's Arts/Education (Secondary), you can actually transfer after just 1 semester (instead of 2 semesters for most degrees).

If I achieve an adequate WAM to transfer to the course will I be a higher priority than those completing the HSC in 2017? Also will I have to repeat a year to catch up?

Last edited:

Pius

HSC

Thank you for your assistance. I've enrolled into History and International Relations

D94

HSC
N/A
If I achieve an adequate WAM to transfer to the course will I be a higher priority than those completing the HSC in 2017? Also will I have to repeat a year to catch up?
Internal transfers are separate from high school applicants. I wouldn't worry about that, especially with a sufficiently high WAM.

No, you wouldn't need to repeat anything. You would just be doing a lot of Arts in your first year (or first semester), then a lot of Education in your second year (or second semester) so by second year or third year, you're in the same boat as someone who started in Arts / Education.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)