Currently Liability for Fees at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Jakulore

HSC
Hey all, so I saw my current liability today and I just had a few questions

1. Do I have to pay this amount or is it deferred onto HECS
2. If deferred onto HECS, do I have to manually do that, or is automatically done since I already applied for HECS?
3. Does this amount go up after the Census date since I won't be paying upfront?

Thank you for any and all help!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
1) no
2) automatically
3) no, you get a discount if u pay more than 500 upfront but since you're not paying it will all be defered to ur hecs

D94

HSC
N/A
If you applied for HECS then you first enrolled, it is automatically applied for each semester. The liability will disappear after the census date.

Jakulore

HSC
If you applied for HECS then you first enrolled, it is automatically applied for each semester. The liability will disappear after the census date.
Okay, that makes sense! Thank you!!!

CNSie

HSC
Uni Grad
How much does your current liability show?

akkatracker

HSC
oh yea my bad. From 2017 onwards there is no discount

my advice put everything on HECS anyways
Definitely, from an investment POV no point not taking HECS (even if you can afford). It's essentially an interest free loan.

Chuck the uni fees into a term deposit (low risk) , an index fund (mid risk) or a stock (higher risk) and profit the gap between your return and the inflation rate and take your mates to the pub or something (I worked it to be about 300 dollars or so a year in the safest option)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
I have to pay upfront, but when I click 'Pay now' i get taken to the 'select fee statement' page, but there are 'no records shown'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)