Finding out if my subject has an exam (1 Viewer)

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Is there a way to find out if one of my subjects has a final exam without referring to the course outline? The past course outlines vary, so there is no reliable indicator of whether there will be one this year and i would like to find out sometime in the next week before all the information is released on moodle.

leehuan

HSC
The course outlines usually don't vary that much. What courses are you doing?

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
The course outlines usually don't vary that much. What courses are you doing?
ARTS1270. Last year there was an exam, the year before didn't have one. However this years course convenor last took the course in the year where there wasn't an exam so it's hard to say.

Clara_Oswald

HSC
I know this thread is oldddd but @op how did you find the course? I'm contemplating changing my degree/ taking this particular course as an elective next year.
Also, did you ever end up having an actual final exam? or was it a take home task?

also love ur icon, rasputin is bae lmaO

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
I know this thread is oldddd but @op how did you find the course? I'm contemplating changing my degree/ taking this particular course as an elective next year.
Also, did you ever end up having an actual final exam? or was it a take home task?

also love ur icon, rasputin is bae lmaO
It had its pros and cons. I did the online lecture which was great because it kept me to a two-day timetable and i generally found the lectures to be pretty interesting. The course covers a long period history but week to week the content was fairly engaging.

The tutorials, however, were awful. In the first week you're put in a group of five which you stick with the whole sem and each week one of you has to facilitate discussion among your group for the whole hour. Each person did it twice. If you're stuck in a group with people who don't do the readings or are just generally are not very bright, it's impossible to facilitate an discussion. The essay was very limited, they only gave you one question. And then there was a take home exam. I'm not opposed to take home exams but i hated how this one was set out. At 10:00am of the day of the exam they post a single essay question on Moodle, just as limiting as the actual research essay. You had until 4pm to write, reference and submit a 2500 word essay. It basically meant you're confined to your desk for 6 hours straight as you frantically wrote the essay. I hate physical exams but i'd much prefer one over what they set out.

But, the assessments i did were different from previous years so i can't confirm that they'll be the same as next year, there's a different course convenor in 2018 then from last year so who knows. If you like history you'll probably get something out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)