Alright to skip first week? (1 Viewer)

BHLee

HSC
N/A
Hello first yr uni student here,

Due to some personal issues which I might not be able to attend the first week of uni, I was wondering, since that tutorial classes do not start until week 2, can I just skip the first whole week?

Is uni lecture placed online given that they already started in first week?

Thanks.

D94

HSC
N/A
Is uni lecture placed online given that they already started in first week?
No, not necessarily. Your lecturer might opt out of recordings or the recording system might not work or your lecturer might not use the audio visual system so the recordings are useless. Lecture material should be available on Moodle though.

You can certainly skip the week - no one will force you to go to uni. Whether you will miss out on anything of relative importance, is unknown.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I'm skipping 2 weeks cuz of internship, check course outlines to check if there are any attendance requirement, if so so dont skip anymore

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if it's just me or, at least I always feel like the course is missing sth if I skip the first week.
Some courses require students to do some sort of in-class tests (maybe worth ~3% of your course mark) during the first week (yes I'm being serious and this applies to some crazy accounting courses) and again it's up to u to attend or skip it :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)