Suspended from university. Is there any chance they will reduce it to just 1 semester (1 Viewer)

hmoody

HSC
I got suspended from university as a result of poor academic performance. I sent in an appeal letter, but the enrolments office didn't take a look at it because it was late.

I have made a booking with an Education Support Advisor. I'm wondering if these guys have the capability to convince the university to allow me to enrol in semester 2.

I really had good reasons for the poor performance, and I can't afford to miss a whole year.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: Suspended from university. Is there any chance they will reduce it to just 1 seme

Just wondering why your appeal was late? If I was in that position I would not have delayed the appeal.

I believe that if you have a significant problem that is contributing to this, then showing the committee that you are taking steps to resolve it is your best bet. Usually with most issues it can be evidenced by visiting a counsellor.

So telling your educational advisor

1. your problems
2. what you will do to resolve them
3. asking advice about your studies and progression

Should be enough for you to convince the committee

D94

HSC
N/A
Re: Suspended from university. Is there any chance they will reduce it to just 1 seme

How will you explain your tardiness in submitting your appeal?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

How will you explain your tardiness in submitting your appeal?
hospital/not in country/live in rural aus no access to internet

D94

HSC
N/A

hospital/not in country/live in rural aus no access to internet
Hospital might be a valid reason, if you were incapacitated for 4 weeks. The others are not valid reasons.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

ya OP u fucked up by giving the appeal late

good luck if you have very good reasons they might give it a go

hmoody

HSC

Just wondering why your appeal was late? If I was in that position I would not have delayed the appeal.

I believe that if you have a significant problem that is contributing to this, then showing the committee that you are taking steps to resolve it is your best bet. Usually with most issues it can be evidenced by visiting a counsellor.

So telling your educational advisor

1. your problems
2. what you will do to resolve them
3. asking advice about your studies and progression

Should be enough for you to convince the committee
I have already been suspended. The committee isn't an option at this point. I'm meeting with an educational advisor as a hail Mary to try and see if he can get me into semester 2.

I actually took 3 semesters of academic leave when I started experiencing personal issues with my life, and last year when I went back to university my mom suffered a stroke and had to be hospitalised. A lot of my time went towards helping her complete her recovery.

I admit I was tardy with the letter. My sister accidentally threw the letter into the pile of recyclable materials, so I didn't see it until the deadline had passed. I feel like 1 semester is a fair compromise, but considering the situation i'm hoping the advisor can help me out. There are other details I will be able to expand on with him that I can't share here.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Tbh i don't think that excuse would hold up imo

Make sure you tell him that ur a secret agent who works for the govt and u do classified stuff because accidentally threw it away is a joke

miss_a

HSC
N/A

They'll accept your reason for poor academic performance, family illness is pretty convincing given the right supporting documents. However, a late appeal because of misplacing the letter is really not that convincing at all. Suspension is a big deal, they probably tried to contact you via other methods as well, eg. uni email. I'd say just accept it and do some summer and winter units to catch up, if they are available. Best of luck!

hmoody

HSC

Update:

I spoke an Educational Support Advisor, and he mentioned that I should write a letter to the head of student administration about getting in for semester 2. He said other students have done that in the past and been successful.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Good luck

Btw what faculty are you from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)