How hard is ACCT2542? (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
Basically as per the title.

Did you have to attend lectures? Is there a lot of preparation required for tutorials?

Is it difficult to get a 80-85+??

I'm aware that it is only offered in semester 2, would it fk up my progression a lot if I delayed taking this course? I still haven't decided on a major yet.

How is this course in summer? (if anyone has done it then).

SammyT123

HSC
Basically as per the title.

Did you have to attend lectures? Is there a lot of preparation required for tutorials?

Is it difficult to get a 80-85+??

I'm aware that it is only offered in semester 2, would it fk up my progression a lot if I delayed taking this course? I still haven't decided on a major yet.

How is this course in summer? (if anyone has done it then).
Bump

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be pretty hard to find someone who would would give exact info for that subject so I recommend you should also check out UNSW Subject Reviews. With enough searching you will probably find many reviews. For example,
wildcards review.PNG

MissAbby

HSC
N/A
I am going to provide my summary about ACCT2542, because I did it recently in Semester 2 of 2017.

The lecturer in charge was previously Jeffrey Knapp, but the lecturer when I did it was Richard Morris. The course structure was changed with different assessments. It looks like the lecturer in charge changed again this year and the assessments are a bit different.

This course was extremely difficult when I did it. The homework questions in the textbook were really tricky and I struggled alot.

The mid semester in class lecture exam was on consolidation and 30% of the cohort failed the exam. There were 4 lecture streams, 2 on Monday and 2 on Thursday. The lecturer in charge deliberately made the exam on Thursday much more difficult than the ones on Monday.

The final exam was pretty wild. There were multiple choice questions that were of unequal value. Some were worth 2 marks, whilst others were worth 6 marks each. There were also short answer questions.

My advice for future students taking the course is to pay close attention and make sure you understand the consolidation concepts, because it builds up on each week.

I hope those in the future who have completed the course this year can provide a more updated review of the course.

TLDR: The course assessment have slightly changed this year and the Lecturer in charge is different, so the difficult of the course might be different from when I did it.

Best of luck to those doing the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)