Is it true that first years are not permitted clashes (1 Viewer)

brendan10x

HSC
Hey this semester I was enrolling in CVEN1701 and CHEM1011, however there is a clash that is unavoidable for those 2 courses at 11pm Monday (theres only one set lecture times for both and they clash). FYI I currently am doing a duel degree of Adv Maths and Engineering, but am definitely going to drop the maths and transfer to a duel degree of Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering (hence the need of CVEN1701 and CHEM1011)

Clash.PNG

So i emailed the engineering student centre, this email esc@unsw.edu.au. and they replied with this

"Thank you for email.

Unfortunately, no clashes are allowed in the flexible first year program, you will need to choose another first year elective that fits into your timetable without clashing. Please find following the list https://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/study-with-us/first-year-engineering-electives-list

Regards,

Engineering Student Centre"

Is this true?I have no idea what to do, was thinking of maybe trying to email someone else.

Any help would be appreciated

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
TBH the engineering faculty is useless

But just do what they said, now that you have it written on paper, if they tell you off for it later you have evidence

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In general yes you're not allowed to have clashes but sometimes people get them approved in first yr

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i had this same problem in first year

since it is an elective and you're not enrolled in civil/enviro they expect you to a math course or something similar

they won't budge because the engineering faculty are a bunch of dumb cunts so i would advise doing another subject later on in your degree. do the subject next semester that is a prereq for future subjects

GoldBoa

HSC
Try emailing your lecturer.
I had a clash with both COMP1917 and COMP1927 which was approved when I emailed the lecturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)