New Student questions (1 Viewer)

p3x1

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm an international student who's going to be joining in sem2. Since this is my first time studying abroad, I have a few questions:

1. What should I bring?
  2. What textbooks for Civil Engineering?
  3. Any particuliar items for engineering?
  4. WHY HAVENT THE COLLEGES REPLIED ME?

I would also really like to know about the status of accommodation as I applied in March but until now I have only received one offer and bugging their email just has them giving me vague answers and suggestions. I emailed back to them telling them that I would like the offer for one of my accommodation but I have heard nothing back, is this normal?

Thanks

BHLee

HSC
N/A
Don't think you need to bring anything asides of a book or laptop for convenience purpose. Oh right, your student ID.
Not quite sure for the rest, not an Engineering student.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
1 bring a book, water bottle, whatever you plan to eat some stationery like pens. A laptop if you want
2 and 3 you will attend your lectures and the professor will recommend textbooks and other equipment to purchase. I recommend you wait until the lecture to see weather they really need it. 9/10 times you wont need it
4 university administration is super shit. I wouldn't even expect a reply. I would highly recommend calling them and getting your shit sorted asap

p3x1

HSC
4 university administration is super shit. I wouldn't even expect a reply. I would highly recommend calling them and getting your shit sorted asap
No reply?!?! Is the administration really this bad? Guess it's time to sort it out. Thanks for the reply, appreciate the help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)