Final Marks distribution? (1 Viewer)

i1337

HSC
N/A
So I found out that for the past few years , top 13 - 15% of people have received a HD in a course I do.

A HD mark = 85

If I was ranked in the top 1% or any % < 15, but my pre-exam mark was, say, 34/50 (i.e. impossible to get HD), and I ace the exam, i.e. final mark 84/100, how does the uni ensure that the top 15% get HDs? Do they scale other assessments aswell?

My aim is to get 90+ in a course, I'd have to ace the final to make it. I know for a fact (im 100% sure) the final is going to get scaled due to the difficulty of the course (pre-exam mark is in the pass range). Can you get something like 150% of marks in an assessment due to scaling?

D94

HSC
N/A
There's no requirement to scale students. There's no requirement to meet the same percentage as previous years. Your cohort could very well be crap.

Conversely, it could be deemed your assessments and final exam are beyond the expectation required in the course and a mark adjustment will be made on your final mark.

i1337

HSC
N/A
>Conversely, it could be deemed your assessments and final exam are beyond the expectation required in the course and a mark adjustment will be made on your final mark.

Ah, so they just add a fixed amount of marks to everyon's final mark (exams + assessments ,etc?)?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
>Conversely, it could be deemed your assessments and final exam are beyond the expectation required in the course and a mark adjustment will be made on your final mark.

Ah, so they just add a fixed amount of marks to everyon's final mark (exams + assessments ,etc?)?
lol they did this in one of my courses cuz everyone failed the final, so I somehow ended up with HD after scaling

i1337

HSC
N/A
lol they did this in one of my courses cuz everyone failed the final, so I somehow ended up with HD after scaling
Perfect! Just what I wanted to know. Gonna be interested in seeing this years results..

aoc

HSC
yeah pretty sure they will scale if average is too low... For a finance course im doing this sem our midsem average was too low compared to previous years so they added around 10% to everyones marks to boost the average up a bit. I dont see why they wouldn't do this for finals as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)