Lat + atar (1 Viewer)

littlemissmodern

HSC
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone could possibly estimate the percentile and atar necessary to receive an offer from UNSW for the law program? I have recently sat the LAT and received my result however I do want to clarify if I would be viable to receiving an offer from the university. I am aware the necessary ATAR is often within the high 90's however wanted to ascertain an estimate of the necessary percentile.
Thankyou!

captainneuro

HSC
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone could possibly estimate the percentile and atar necessary to receive an offer from UNSW for the law program? I have recently sat the LAT and received my result however I do want to clarify if I would be viable to receiving an offer from the university. I am aware the necessary ATAR is often within the high 90's however wanted to ascertain an estimate of the necessary percentile.
Thankyou!
Well if you get like 99.90 atar, don't even have to sit the LAT lol. But I know that the median LAT score for 2017 entry was 74 which was a median atar of 98 for that LAT score @ UNSW. If you get an atar around 95 (minimum atar needed), you should aim for a much higher LAT score. (90+ percentile)

Last edited:

laodeming

HSC
Hi all,
Thankyou!
If you don't mind me asking, what are your LAT scores/predicted ATAR? The necessary LAT percentile for admission changes depending on what ATAR you end up getting. For reference, the median ATAR for students admitted to the program last year was around 98, with a median LAT percentile of 74.

One of the lecturers from the Law Faculty I spoke to at Open Day strongly implied that a high 90s LAT score would correspond to an ATAR requirement of around 95. At the other end of the spectrum, the UNSW Law admissions website also stated that individuals with very high ATARs (i.e. high 99s) could be admitted without sitting the LAT last year. This is no longer the case this year, and there is now a 'minimum acceptable score' for the LAT that you must obtain to be eligible for admission (which has not been publicly disclosed as far as I know). In any case, a very high ATAR should still make up for a less-than-optimal LAT result provided that it is still 'respectable'.

irilia

HSC
N/A
On the lat website it says: The median LAT score for 2017 entry was 74.
I think 74 is the score (corresponding to a 70 percentile)?

laodeming

HSC
On the lat website it says: The median LAT score for 2017 entry was 74.
I think 74 is the score (corresponding to a 70 percentile)?
Yep that's correct; score not percentile. My mistake :/

The difference is quite marginal though.

jjHasm

HSC
rip thought i did well coz i got high 70s, then i saw my percentile..
percentile-score correlation changed heaps this year. Equivalent percentile to last years 74 score (high 60ish percentile-70th percentile) is like 80 score this year..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)