Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: UNSW 17/S2 Official Results Thread

HSC

Re: UNSW 17/S2 Official Results Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brendan10x View Post
    They made a mistake, passed with 98.

Funny story.Think this is the last semester you can do it, but basically I had a 90% weighted final. Wei Gao (the course coordinator for CVEN1300) had this policy were if you didnt attend the 2 quizzes (20% each) and didnt do the assignment (10%) it'll be added on to the 50% final, hence making mine worth 90%. No medical certifcate/reason was needed, just any non-attendance and the weight would be automatically shifted to the finals. Me being a bludger throughout the semester and always behind, decided to skip all the quizzes and didnt even bother with the easy 10% assignment. Exam day comes, and Wei Gao gave a really nice and easy exam and had similar qs to past papers (Also keep in mind, that the dude is really nice and made it unlimited open book (which i abused the living hell by printing out all the solutions to past papers,tuts,etc)). So ye I did pretty good due to Wei Gaos kindness
    How long do you think it'll take for the new mark to be entered? Last Friday my lecturer told me he would update my mark but I haven't seen any changes on myUNSW yet.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdbdsndmldsl View Post
    How long do you think it'll take for the new mark to be entered? Last Friday my lecturer told me he would update my mark but I haven't seen any changes on myUNSW yet.
    Results came out last thursday 9pm for me. Saw there was a mistake and immediately emailed my course coordinator. I checked the email the next day in the morning (Friday) and he replied saying there was a mistake and I had passed and would shortly be updated. Later the day, Friday 6pm is when myUNSW/academic transcripts are updated, and indeed it was corrected for me

So your one should have definitely been fixed, contact him ASAP, maybe even call his number during the day. Think you have 15days to lodge a complaint when you get results.
    Hillsdbdsndmldsl likes this.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by RivalryofTroll View Post
    T2 ACCT3601 Global Financial Reporting &.....85 HD
    T2 LAWS1091 Business Associations............75 DN
    T2 LAWS2270 Law in the Global Context........73 CR
    T2 LAWS2351 Court Process, Evidence, Proof...58 PS

The whole spectrum of marks (besides a fail mark) this semester with a HD, DN, CR and a PS.

4 years into my degree and now I've gotten my first pass ever.
    LAWS2351 was hard
    Who did you have?

Also, mind sharing your views on ACCT3601? Like the ease and content?

Sleep Deprived Entity RivalryofTroll's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by heytherewhatsup View Post
    LAWS2351 was hard
    Who did you have?

Also, mind sharing your views on ACCT3601? Like the ease and content?
    Content-wise:
    - It's essentially 95% qualitative and 5% quantitative. It's all about your ability to construct arguments.
    - 13 weeks worth of qualitative content does add up to a lot BUT you can 'BS' your way through in most circumstances.

Ease-wise:
    - If you can't write (which applies to a lot of Accounting students), you may struggle. It's nothing like your financial accounting courses.
    - In the 25% mid sem, based on the grade distributions on average in the last few years - I'd say an approximate distribution would be like 5% of people get HD, 15% of people get a DN, 20% of people get a CR, 40% of people get a pass, 20% of people get a FL. Note that only about 30-35 students do this subject for a typical semester. However, I'd say the mark distribution for OVERALL marks would be slightly better.
    - This subject isn't conceptually hard but people would claim that it's 'marked hard' because writing is just hard for most Accounting students.
    Free HSC Business Studies, HSC Economics and HSC English resources

"I don't have dreams, I have goals. Now it's onto the next one."
    - Harvey Specter

"Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you."
    - Shannon L. Alder

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information