how to transfer into law 2nd year?? (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
as i didnt sit the LAT i cant go directly into combined law at unsw so im pondering on what to do for a year, im tossing between criminology or psychological science , in both instances how does it work when i want to add the law degree on?? do i have to get high distinctions the first year? if so what is the difficulty for both degrees to do so?

Last edited:

c_h_eese

HSC
as i didnt sit the LAT i cant go directly into combined law at unsw so im pondering on what to do for a year, im tossing between criminology or psychological science , in both instances how does it work when i want to add the law degree on?? do i have to get high distinctions the first year? if so what is the difficulty for both degrees to do so?
So you need to choose a course (choose whichever you are interested in more). I can't tell you which one is easier as I've not done either.

To get into law, you'll need to do an internal program transfer (IPT). Every year UNSW law leaves aside 100 spaces for ipt and so it's similar to the hsc, since they will rank all applicants based on their wam and choose the top 100 students. Also, to be eligible for ipt, you'll need to have completed 48 UOC (8 subjects), minimum of 75 wam (read below for more info) and have not failed any subjects.

From what I've heard, the wam required for a spot in law is around 79+ (in the distinction range). I suggest aiming for 80+ just to be safe.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

zeee1999

HSC
So you need to choose a course (choose whichever you are interested in more). I can't tell you which one is easier as I've not done either.

To get into law, you'll need to do an internal program transfer (IPT). Every year UNSW law leaves aside 100 spaces for ipt and so it's similar to the hsc, since they will rank all applicants based on their wam and choose the top 100 students. Also, to be eligible for ipt, you'll need to have completed 48 UOC (8 subjects), minimum of 75 wam (read below for more info) and have not failed any subjects.

From what I've heard, the wam required for a spot in law is around 79+ (in the distinction range). I suggest aiming for 80+ just to be safe.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
awesome!! thank you , i've been really indecisive but i am leaning towards the criminology/crim justice even tho i have no intention of practising criminal law and it doesnt sound too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)