guaranteed entry 2018 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello!

I was wondering how unsw guaranteed entry worked. If I reached the guaranteed entry cut off with my atar and bonus points, then why didn't I receive an offer? I have been seeing other people receiving offers. Is it because they prioritise those that reach cut off without the help of bonus points?

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
it needs to be first preference, otherwise idk ring the uni up

chefcurry30

HSC
Offers come out next Thursday, the 21st of December, so if you reached the cutoff for guaranteed entry, with or without bonus points you should be receiving an offer next Thursday.

sarkar_as

HSC
i got an email and text for guaranteed entry into unsw eco and it was my 3rd preference so idk what happened with urs?

maybe just wait for the 21st of december and if u don't get an offer contact the uni via email or phone

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I thought we'd get an offer today but turns out the guaranteed entry legit does nothing

photastic

HSC
Hi guys,

It does not need to be your first preference but rather if we walked down your preferences and lets say you don't get your first and second preference but you happen to be successful with the third preference and your ATAR is at or above the GE then you are GE for that third preference.

Please note the email is to remind you are successful for GE in December Round 2 (21st December) for the particular degree in your preferences.

HSC
Thanks for all the replies! I just got my email (heheh got so worried for nothing). There is a lag period after you update your preferences on uac so unsw needs to wait until they can see your preferences.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Not even sure what guaranteed entry does to be honest... Like the cutoff for GE for actuary is 98, but the normal cutoff is 97.3 approx, so if you got 98 for GE, you'd get in the normal course anyway? Makes no sense to me...

Jakulore

HSC
Not even sure what guaranteed entry does to be honest... Like the cutoff for GE for actuary is 98, but the normal cutoff is 97.3 approx, so if you got 98 for GE, you'd get in the normal course anyway? Makes no sense to me...
It's because there is no guarantee that you would have gotten in the course normally. So, for something without guaranteed entry, if the cutoff was 97.3, but the amount of 98+ people that applied exceeded the limits of the degree, then the people who just got 97.3 wouldn't get in. It's the same as how if the demand is not completely met, they will allow people with lower ATARs in. So essentially, what the GE is for is to say that you are guaranteed to get an offer for that degree, regardless of the other aforementioned factors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)