Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aoc

Thread: Combined Commerce at UNSW!!!

HSC

Combined Commerce at UNSW!!!

Hey guys!

I got an offer for guaranteed entry at UNSW for my first preference which is a double degree - Com/Comp Sci.
    I wanted to know the answer to 2 questions.

1. For people who have previously done this course, or currently doing it, or have any knowledge of it, what do you think is the best way to prepare for it over the next few months before I start?
    2. For the same people, how has the course been for you? I'm going in it bcos I love both degrees but I was wondering what the work was like, how's social life etc.

Thanks!

aoc
    HSC

Re: Combined Commerce at UNSW!!!

to prepare for commerce - i'd recommend not doing anything until classes start, but if you really really want to get ahead then find out what classes you want to take and buy the textbooks and start reading them.
    comp-sci - dont do it so not sure

in regards to social life or what not it really depends on you. Theres opportunities to get involved in the business society/consulting clubs/other clubs but depends if you like the things they do or if you find it rather dull. As people in other threads have said, making friends is a bit weird, some are openly friendly whilst others prefer to stay in highschool cliques but for the most part if you want to have a good social life at UNSW its not that hard, just talk to people and join clubs. In regards to workload if your doing acct/eco/fins apparently theyre quite easy and in my opinion its not too hard to get good marks if you study consistently. Other courses like management for 1st years is know to be quite difficult so really depends on what subjects you choose and whether you can get over your long holiday break and find your studying routine again.
    Last edited by aoc; 20 Dec 2017 at 3:04 PM.
    King George likes this.

HSC

Hey, I'm doing the same course!

Just wondering but are going to follow the sample outline on the eng page or do whatever? Thinking of doing 2 comm/2 compsci courses each sem but not sure if that's a good idea haha

HSC

hey stringycheese!

yeah, im struggling to pick my courses too. i was thinking the same as you, but rn im choosing 3 courses for comp sci and 1 for com.
    doing lower 1a maths, discrete maths, comp1511 and the compulsory accounting course

HSC

nice, is lower 1a maths math1131? I'm doing everything except discrete haha

Thread Information