Bachelor of Economics or Bachelor of Information Systems (1 Viewer)

aaron_s

HSC
Hey guys, i need help ASAP. What is better in terms of job prospects/salary/progression? A degree in economics or a degree in information systems. Im looking to get into big 4 so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Both are different fields that have offerings in the Big 4.

The degree won't dictate your job prospects or salary or progression.

It would better if you chose something you'll be good at. What good is a subpar graduate to a Big 4?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
I did a degree in Economics.

I work in a big 4 bank. However your question is too broad. Info sys and economics are both very interesting areas which lead to very different skills. However, I've taken very little actual book learnt knowledge into my career. The problem solving and the ideas learned in uni may help you more.

aaron_s

HSC
Hey, how hard was it to find a job using the degree? I was planning to either stick with info sys or transfer to a bachelor in economics and major in accounting too. I aim to become a consultant/analyst in the future! But im really unsure on how to go about it :( Any tips? Thank you so much for your responses

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
I graduated in a tough job market right after the GFC and just before the Euro-crisis. There were not many jobs available.

Having Excel skills and learning very quickly at work really helped me. However, for the matter of majors, I think Information Systems would help but stats from my Economics major really helped as well. Coupled with my RG146, it set me on an unusual path in my working world right now.

It is more your hard work after uni which will count more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)