Free electives (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
im doing crim/criminal justice at unsw and it says i can take 12 units of free electives in one semester but what is a free elective?? can you choose a subject from any faculty

c_h_eese

HSC
A free elective is any subject from whichever faculty. 12 units of free electives just means you need to do 2 free electives. 6uoc = 1 subject

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

zeee1999

HSC
A free elective is any subject from whichever faculty. 12 units of free electives just means you need to do 2 free electives. 6uoc = 1 subject

oh cool so is it the same as general education? can i pick two general education courses

c_h_eese

HSC
It's similar to gen ed, however gen eds are restricted to subjects outside your faculty. Whereas free electives can be any subjects, including subjects within your faculty. E.g. If I did commerce then I'd have to a gen ed subject outside the business school.

zeee1999

HSC
It's similar to gen ed, however gen eds are restricted to subjects outside your faculty. Whereas free electives can be any subjects, including subjects within your faculty. E.g. If I did commerce then I'd have to a gen ed subject outside the business school.

but say fo example i do two law gen ed's can they count as free electives?

c_h_eese

HSC
Essentially all gen eds are free electives but not all free electives are gen eds. What course are you doing and whatg subjects have you chosen for sem 1 btw? I can probably try to help you if I know what you're doing.

zeee1999

HSC
Essentially all gen eds are free electives but not all free electives are gen eds. What course are you doing and whatg subjects have you chosen for sem 1 btw? I can probably try to help you if I know what you're doing.

im doing
criminology;an introduction
policy and society
then i was gonna do a introduction to the australian legal system and something else if i can maybe another law elective

c_h_eese

HSC
Can you pm me. It'd probably be easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)