UNSW Commerce HELP (1 Viewer)

Pandamoniumm

HSC
Hi guys,

I got an offer for Combined Commerce at UNSW yesterday and I was just hoping to get some information about the course. I'm currently studying Laws/Arts at Macquarie Uni and I have a Distinction WAM. So far, Law has been pretty interesting and challanging, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to continue enjoying it throughout Uni. My perception may or may not change, I guess. Upon receving this offer from UNSW, I've been quite interested in finding out what Commerce has to offer to students and whether the course is enjoyable (I'm sure some parts are dry, just like Law). I have many friends who study Commerce at Macquarie and UNSW and it seems to be very high in demand. Would it be better to take the UNSW Combined Commerce offer or stick with Macquarie Uni Law? I've never exposed myself to anything business/commerce related, which also something I considered. I was told that they will teach things from scratch, is that true?. I was also considering an IPT transfer into Law, if I end up taking the UNSW offer; but exactly how risky is that? If there is anyone that has made a similar transfer, how have you felt after the move? Right now I'm pretty conflicted and I just need some advice. Finish what I started or take the offer?

Thank you so much for the help!! <3

SammyT123

HSC
Make sure to take into account the fact that you will be in uni longer

People doing law and commerce find law a lot more interesting but also demanding (hours)

And trust me , you really don't need to know anything business related. You learn everything from scratch.

Last edited:

aoc

HSC
Speaking for UNSW, in general commerce is one of the easier courses you can do. It really depends on the major you want to take but things like accounting are mainly memorizing rather than being conceptually difficult like a math course.
Assuming you transfer to UNSW and start with 1st year courses youll need around a 78-80 WAM nowadays to transfer into law through IPT (and 1st year business courses do teach you from scratch so you dont need previous knowledge). This isnt that hard to get assuming you consistently study.

Im not sure whether employers would care where you did your law degree since macquarie and unsw are both pretty decent so i guess it depends on where your interests lie and what you see yourself doing in the future

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)