Questions about first year uni (1 Viewer)

livelaughlove

HSC
Hey guys, I just have a few questions about first year uni so if anyone could help me out, that would be great. For context, I'm doing med sci at unsw.
1. when do we find out what textbooks we need to get? & generally how expensive are they?
2. are all lectures uploaded online? if i miss a lecture can i just watch it online to catch up?
3. how do tutorials work? like what exactly do we do in tutes?

okay that's all for now. thank you!

aoc

HSC
1) textbooks are listed on course outline. If you buy them 1st hand from the uni bookshop they can range anywhere from 50-200 usually. Most people buy their textbooks 2nd hand or dont buy them at all (as for some courses textbooks are useless).

2) For the majority of courses lectures are uploaded online, but there may be a super rare case where the lecturer in charge doesnt want them uploaded for some reason.

3) In tutes you usually go through questions set out for the week or a discussion of what happened in the lectures or additional material relating to what you have learned. You usually just take notes of what the tutor is saying and/or check whther you got the assigned questions right or not

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I just have a few questions about first year uni so if anyone could help me out, that would be great. For context, I'm doing med sci at unsw.
1. when do we find out what textbooks we need to get? & generally how expensive are they?
2. are all lectures uploaded online? if i miss a lecture can i just watch it online to catch up?
3. how do tutorials work? like what exactly do we do in tutes?

okay that's all for now. thank you!
1. better wait until second week when ur lecture says if u rly need textbook, depending on ur major you can either find free online copies or wont need at all. sucks if u do commerce tho
2. Most classes yes but depends on the course and lecturer, some do some dont
3. Its similar to a high school class, if u do science u mainly go over questions and problems, arts its more just discussion about the content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)