"Assumed Knowledge" for medical science? (1 Viewer)

2loseyourmind4

HSC
Hi everyone!

Please bear with me, but I know nothing about university or how courses work.

I am interested in doing something in medical science. Im currently doing Mathematics and Chemistry. These two are highlighted under "Assumed knowledge" for this course.

However, I am practically failing chemistry, my teacher is horrible and i've lost all motivation to keep teaching myself all the concepts. I would rather drop the subject and convert them to study hours for my other subjects, which im going quiet good in.

So, if I do end up dropping chemistry, will I not be able to do the course? also, would I be at a huge disadvantage?

My current subjects are: Ancient History, Chemistry, Business Studies, Mathematics 2U, Extension History, SOR 1, English Advanced.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, im so lost :(

Thanks!!

also here is a link to the page im refering to https://www.science.unsw.edu.au/future-students/our-degrees/undergraduate/degrees/medical-science?utm_source=Personalised%20Digital%20Guides&utm_campaign=2017%20Digital%20Guides&utm_medium=pdf&utm_content=Medical_Science

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Prerequisite = Required
Assumed= Recommended/ they assume that they will not be required to teach you the very basics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)