General education courses (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Not if u do a double degree eg. comm/law, or commerce/science

But for all single degree's, u need to do 12 credit points worth of general education, which essentially is 2 courses (6 CP each) of specific courses from other faculties. But the prerequisite is 48 CP, meaning u cant do general ed. in 1st yr

kini mini

HSC
One of my friends who's doing maths/med has to do general ed this year. It doesn't sound very interesting to me because I did most of those things in high sch, it's just a way of making you do a variety of subjects :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Gen ed is a way of filling up credit points :p

You can do some really cool gen ed subjects.. my friend is doing one atm (summer school type thing) which involves watching movies.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
so you can just pick pretty much any subject you want?
Seems like it, I hear there's a great variety of choices.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
With Gen Ed you have to get in relatively quickly, courses fill up fast !

timmii

sporadic attendee
Don't worry about it. You can do them over the web and during the summer. A girl at my work in 3rd yr comm has just been frantically joining "astronomy" and a "mineral use" courses to fill in her gen ed requirements. The exams are over the net and she goes in for 2hrs per day for 2 weeks....but they do look fun.

B

Bambul

Some are good, some aren't. I'm doing History of Football over Summer and it looks at all the codes (soccer, rugby, AFL, gridiron, gaelic, etc) and their development through time. Most of the time we watch docos or movies (like today we watched 10 mins of old Tooheys ads, we acused the lecturer of "cash for comments").

Anyway, I have a 1500 word assignment on salary caps due tomorrow and I haven't started writing on it yet so I betteer go!

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by mannnnndy
so you can just pick pretty much any subject you want?
not exactly. if u chk out the uni website, they have a table of gen ed courses, course code starts with GENX. all ur gen ed subjects will have to be from this table ....... on the other hand, free electives let u do any course at all, provided u satisfy the prerequisites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)