NewSouth Student online (1 Viewer)

SoFTuaRiaL

hey, is it only me or is every1 havng problems with NSS ??
i'm not able to view any of my sem 2 classes using "enrolment" or "academic summary". the website allows me to make changes to my sem 1 timetable but not sem 2. any1 knows how this can be done?
:confused:
thanx

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by mannnnndy
while were on this topic, has anyone been able to access their uni email yet?
doesnt urs? mine's perfectly fine .........
we're actually even allowed to have it with our name instead of some wierd 7-digit number no one can remember .......

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
can't change em anymore, 20th feb was the deadline.

i think they should integrate all the student services to one area instead of having email at one place, enrolment into at another, tutorial registration in another one, it gets confusing and u sometimes miss deadlines due to the unorganised feeling u get.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
while were on this topic, has anyone been able to access their uni email yet?
Yup, and i've got 2 emails so far ...

Originally posted by FunkyFlava
For Sem 2? Surley not ...

i think they should integrate all the student services to one area instead of having email at one place, enrolment into at another, tutorial registration in another one, it gets confusing and u sometimes miss deadlines due to the unorganised feeling u get.
Yeah, its soo annoyning. I've added links to the favourites list they provide, but you keep having to log in, pain in the arse.

Last edited:

SoFTuaRiaL

no, 20th feb is the deadline for providing ur first set of choices. u have till march 14 to make changes to sem 1, i dunno bout sem 2

they do have most of the stuff grouped together in one place .. only email is different as it is available for both students n teachers

cheers

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
http://unimail.unsw.edu.au ?
it has a surprisingly good interface...I got like 7 emails already..

and u can still drop and pick up classes, if anyone wants to thru the "Update enrollment"

to access semester 2 classes, u have to reset ur preferences and make the 'Term' blank, then go back to Update enrollment, scroll to the bottom and click search, and on that page click clear and click search again, and select 5037 (semes.2)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
ooh u still can? hmm ok.

*ponders*

i've been changing my courses for about a month now lol.

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Damn that's gay, the UNSW email site won't accept my username & password to login. Looks like I'll be ringing Disconnect ASAP on Monday. :mad:

The New South Student site accepts my username & password though. Another thing is that I want to swap a certain class to another time slot (I know it's possible by looking at the class search catalogue), but the class I want to swap doesn't have the link underneath it saying "swap this class" (others do).

Finally, it's a pain in the ass how it logs out every 10 minutes, I reckon there should be an option you can change when you login to prevent this, such as "normal/secure login" like Hotmail has.

Still NSS is better than nothing, but there's plenty of room for improvement IMO.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by wogboy
Another thing is that I want to swap a certain class to another time slot (I know it's possible by looking at the class search catalogue), but the class I want to swap doesn't have the link underneath it saying "swap this class" (others do).
Yeah, I have this problem to. I "think" that this is because the course arn't finalised yet, since they are tutorial/labs. Is that the same for you, you can't alter tuts/labs?

mp3mojo

help pls, im totally lost...

where do you go to register for tutorials & where do i go to make adjustments to my timetable?

thanx

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Ive been trying to swap physics 1a with psychology 1a but it doesnt seem to work im getting really pissed. is there a chance i can get to unsw and have someone do it for me? Its not that i dont know how to do it its because im having problems!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
help pls, im totally lost...

where do you go to register for tutorials & where do i go to make adjustments to my timetable?

thanx
Go to NSS online.
Click on "enrolment".
Click on "Update enrolment".
Click on "Swap class" under the class you want to swap at the bottom of the page.
Follow instructions on screen.

To add classes click on "add classes" at the top of the page.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
Ive been trying to swap physics 1a with psychology 1a but it doesnt seem to work im getting really pissed. is there a chance i can get to unsw and have someone do it for me? Its not that i dont know how to do it its because im having problems!
Have you checked to see whether you need special consent? This can be done by searching for the class under "class search" in NSS online.

If you don't need special consent then I would email them.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by MinAi
http://unimail.unsw.edu.au ?
it has a surprisingly good interface...I got like 7 emails already..

and u can still drop and pick up classes, if anyone wants to thru the "Update enrollment"

to access semester 2 classes, u have to reset ur preferences and make the 'Term' blank, then go back to Update enrollment, scroll to the bottom and click search, and on that page click clear and click search again, and select 5037 (semes.2)
THANK YOU :) :) :) i was desperate to change one of my sem 2 subjects b4 it became too crowded !

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Da Monstar

THANK YOU :) :) :) i was desperate to change one of my sem 2 subjects b4 it became too crowded !
Heh yeah ive been doing the same - tweaking my sem2 timetable so that i have thurs and friday off!

Originally posted by routemarker
does it give u an error report? check that u dont have a timetabling clash, and that swapping physics still meets the prerequisities of ur course

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

Heh yeah ive been doing the same - tweaking my sem2 timetable so that i have thurs and friday off!

does it give u an error report? check that u dont have a timetabling clash, and that swapping physics still meets the prerequisities of ur course
um ive laready checked all the majors avaliable and only 2 require physics and im not interested in both. Im choosing psych for the social benifits of knowing how ppl behave and react and why they behave the way they do.

Im not sure its a timetable clash because the classes are and hour after a previous one but no i didnt get an error report because NSS stuffed up. I think i need some help on this.

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Yeah, I have this problem to. I "think" that this is because the course arn't finalised yet, since they are tutorial/labs. Is that the same for you, you can't alter tuts/labs?
The class I'm trying to change is in fact a tutorial for a certain course (Electrical Eng 1), but I CAN drop/swap the lab for this course. Another thing is that I can drop/swap labs AND tutorials of other courses (e.g. Intro to Electrical Eng), but just not the tutorial for the course I want to shift (Electrical Eng 1). There's something strange going on.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by wogboy

The class I'm trying to change is in fact a tutorial for a certain course (Electrical Eng 1), but I CAN drop/swap the lab for this course. Another thing is that I can drop/swap labs AND tutorials of other courses (e.g. Intro to Electrical Eng), but just not the tutorial for the course I want to shift (Electrical Eng 1). There's something strange going on.
Do the teacher/instructor names, and locations say "TBA" or "See school for location"? I think this means the class isn't finalised yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)