Discrete mathematics? (1 Viewer)

yoshi

Yes, we're going over a lot of the same starting content that's in MATH 1131, and I'm happy because I quite frankly need all the help I can get :)

Which lecturer do you have? I have J. Diu, he's quite good, but I have to read over my notes to really absorb what he means during the lecture. I'm always thinking "ah, so that's what he meant when he said that."

I have a feeling it's going to get very hard in a few weeks.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by yoshi
Yes, we're going over a lot of the same starting content that's in MATH 1131, and I'm happy because I quite frankly need all the help I can get :)

Which lecturer do you have? I have J. Diu, he's quite good, but I have to read over my notes to really absorb what he means during the lecture. I'm always thinking "ah, so that's what he meant when he said that."

I have J. Dui to, and I agree, you need to spend quite a while re-reading the lectures to make sense of them ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
(re: J. Du) I can't help laughing when he says "this is somewhat easy..." - when everybody around me is staring blankly.

Not to mention that he sounds like he's about to say MR SPARKLE! at any second.

Oh, I'm so cruel :p

SoFTuaRiaL

haun
everyone has j.du (duh) cos there's only one stream of discrete lectures. i'm really dont agree on the remark that its gonna get harder, atleast not if u do 3-unit maths for the hsc. most of the course relates to induction, binomial theorm, permutations, combinations etc.

yoshi

Originally posted by Da Monstar
i'm really dont agree on the remark that its gonna get harder, atleast not if u do 3-unit maths for the hsc. most of the course relates to induction, binomial theorm, permutations, combinations etc.
Well, I only did 2 Unit maths, so I bet it will for me.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
most of the course relates to induction, binomial theorm, permutations, combinations etc.
I sucked at that stuff, though. HAUN!

mp3mojo

Originally posted by yoshi

Dats so true, & he's jus writing out from the txtbk (not too much explainin), & it's also soooo funny how he goes 'all the set identities are so obvious except for Demorgan's law'. & im lik 'huh?? obvious??' cos it could B obvious to see dat they're true, but not obvious enough dat u can simplify stuff usin them

beava_69

haha thank god im not the only thinkin that this subject is a touch confusin,
i reckon its classic hes sayin that its easy after every thing he teaches us, cos usually i come out of all his lectures so confused
but true readin over the notes afterwards helps a hella lot

SoFTuaRiaL

how many of u guyz got the susanna epp text book for discrete?
how mad is the barber question on russell's paradox !!!
:jaw:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
how many of u guyz got the susanna epp text book for discrete?
how mad is the barber question on russell's paradox !!!
:jaw:
I havn't got the textbook, can you post the question?

marsesbars

Ah, the barber analogy! That really helped me understand Russell's Paradox (i didn't get it when Jie Du was explaining it)

"In a small town, there is a barber who shaves people who do not shave themselves . This is the definition of a barber. Now the question is, does the barber shave himself?

If he does, he is not a barber

If he doesn't, then he should"

I love that analogy

mp3mojo

y is the russell's paradox even in the syllabus? how is it possible for there to a be question on an exam about the russell's paradox?

jus sooo weird... whereas dat symmetrical stuff ie the circle with the cross, is not in the syllabus.

SoFTuaRiaL

who here is from mr.tran's tutes 3-4 on tuesdays n wensdays? if so, pls PM me ....... we need to talk ......... if u find something or 'someone' in the tutes irritating, i'm sure u know what i'm talking 'bout !!

mp3mojo

hahahhaaa
though im not in ur tut, but i think i kno wat ur talkin about

SoFTuaRiaL

i asked my tutor to do a * question, n he refused !! :mad1:
is that sposed to mean that they dont ask such questions in the class tests / final exams ? or is it to make sure that only few students get Ds and HDs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)