Finding rooms (1 Viewer)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
Well I'm verrry lucky I actually made it on time to my first tutorial today, having no idea where the room was.

But for future tuts, I may not be so lucky.

Where abouts the buildings would I find:

- G035 @ Quadrangle Building?
- 114 @ Old Main Building (is OMB Old Main Building?)
- 302 @ Mathews Building?

What entrances? Etc, if anyone knows.

I might go exploring tomorrow during my breaks hehe. :)

kini mini

HSC
I know where G032 in the quad is - it's tucked away near to the EE building side through large double doors from the passageway to the quad itself. G035 is probably around there somewhere.

I've just realised that the one room I forgot to scout out is the one I have a 10am tutorial in tomorrow...if you see anyone wandering around the LG (lower ground I suppose) level of John Goodsell looking for room 21 it's me :p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OK, OMB 113 is up on the first floor of the Old Main building (as I found out today after getting lost). To get to OMB114 go past the e-spot under the red-center, past the Keith Burrows theater and either:

-in the doors turn right and up the stairs (then follow the signs)

-up the ramp turn right and up the stairs (then follow the signs)

Anyone know what WEB is? Is that the Webster buliding?

Mill

HSC
I was in JGLG21 @ 1pm. Didn't arrive til 20 past haha. Parking was a bitch. I was halfway across Kensington.

B

Bambul

302 Matthews is level 3 room number 302 in Matthews building (next to Matthews theatres). And remember: level 3 is actually the 4th floor!

And a tip: take the stairs. You will hear heart chilling tales of people who waited for the elevator to arrive and were 20 mins late to their tutorial. In general, avoid all elevators (bar the law tower ones, which are actually good for some reason), but especially the Matthews building ones.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul
302 Matthews is level 3 room number 302 in Matthews building (next to Matthews theatres). And remember: level 3 is actually the 4th floor!

And a tip: take the stairs. You will hear heart chilling tales of people who waited for the elevator to arrive and were 20 mins late to their tutorial. In general, avoid all elevators (bar the law tower ones, which are actually good for some reason), but especially the Matthews building ones.
I found that out yesterday (about Matthews) - I went up one flight of stairs and found myself on the floor number 3 (!)
lucky i did infact take the stairs and not discover the elevator tale the hard way!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
If the law faculty lifts are supposed to be good, I don't want to see the others :eek:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
If the law faculty lifts are supposed to be good, I don't want to see the others :eek:
Some of my friends have actually taken to elevating to level 7 via the library lifts and then using the stairs for the rest of the way. :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Some of my friends have actually taken to elevating to level 7 via the library lifts and then using the stairs for the rest of the way. :p
I've been thinking of doing that too :p.

1 more

fructis
HSC
guys, i have a law tutorial tomorrow morning, in the law building- 949/CLAB. where might i find this?

AND, i actually missed the first class, but when i looked it up, it says it is for a class specifically for students enrolling in 4790, 4791 or transfer students, none of which applies to me- what shall i do?
:confused: :(

thanks

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Speakin of the lifts, the lifts in the libary that don't go to level one seem to do odd things if you press the button for the first level. Either:

-The lift goes down, the doors open and then instantly close, and then it goes back to level 2.

OR

-The lift goes down and then forgets which floors it was going to.

:confused:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
guys, i have a law tutorial tomorrow morning, in the law building- 949/CLAB. where might i find this?

AND, i actually missed the first class, but when i looked it up, it says it is for a class specifically for students enrolling in 4790, 4791 or transfer students, none of which applies to me- what shall i do?
:confused: :(

thanks
That's legal research isn't it? I thought that didn't start until May 6, according to my timetable anyway...

Have you checked the master timetable on the faculty site?

1 more

fructis
HSC
Kini, thats exactly my quandary, for 1st year undergrad combined law students, the research component doesnt start until May, in fact some have it in session 2.
However, according to said master timetable on faculty website i have been placed in the group of part-time and transfer students, and what's even worse is that i missed one last week!
I'm :(

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
Kini, thats exactly my quandary, for 1st year undergrad combined law students, the research component doesnt start until May, in fact some have it in session 2.
However, according to said master timetable on faculty website i have been placed in the group of part-time and transfer students, and what's even worse is that i missed one last week!
I'm :(
Ah I see, one of my friends in sci/law had that problem too. He had it changed. Go speak to the so-called lovely ladies of level 10 and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you :). If you can stand the queue to see them that is :rolleyes:. On a completely random note, from their accents I think they're from Singapore or Malaysia :D.

1 more

fructis
HSC
Thanks Kini! You are always full of logical and reassuring advicereally! ;)

And if I ever do get to converse with the Singaporeans/Malaysians on the 10th floor, i'll send them your warmest regards. :p

Thanks again.
:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
For future reference...

To get to the 949/CLAB room, you need to take the lift to level 8 and enter the library through the special law entry/exit thing there. Then walk up the stairs inside the library to level 9, and room 949 will be on your left. :D

CLAB refers to the computer lab on level 8.

(My research tute is in the same room... Wed arvo though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)