Which lectures have you consistenly skipped? (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
ive been skipping all of my Biology lectures and contemplating on skipping my physics 1A lectures since you end up needing to read the textbook anyway and the lectures arent that helpful anyway.

so which lectures are you skipping?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
None yet.

I'm considering skipping INFS1603 because our lecuturer just reads powerpoint slides ...

kini mini

HSC
I'm fed up with QMA (maths for commerce), my lecturer is useless. I'm definitely not going for matrices, I can learn those myself.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Argh I wanna skip microeconomics lectures coz they're so damn boring, and most of the concepts I'm already familliar with...but I jus dont want to risk missing out on something that might be important, that I dont already kno..

kini - bleh..matrices are annoying, i think ill stick with the QMA lectures :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
None! Tho I've been tempted to skip a few to catch my bus! But I haven't succumb to sheer laziness just yet! Soon ... :D :p :)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
I'm fed up with QMA (maths for commerce), my lecturer is useless. I'm definitely not going for matrices, I can learn those myself.
who's your lecturer?

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Matrices are easy... they were good to learn hehehe and handy in year 11... I like the concept of Gaussian Elimination most :D (Im in year 12 now)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC

Louis Yeung...the lecturer-in-charge!
me too..haha..i know what u mean..sometimes can barely understand him lol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
heh i love the way Louis emphasies the wrong words..and repeats himself

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
heh i love the way Louis emphasies the wrong words..and repeats himself
He emphasises the wrong syllables in words too...like many French/creole speakers, he can't say "development" :p. "D'vlepment! D'vlepment!" :D

mannnnndy

chocoholic

He emphasises the wrong syllables in words too...like many French/creole speakers, he can't say "development" :p. "D'vlepment! D'vlepment!" :D
heehee, my calculus tutor keeps pronouncing epsilon as ep-sigh-lon:rolleyes: I havent skipped many lectures yet, but if I do the one which I'll skip will be engineering drawing. Goddamm that is a boring lecture. Last lecture we watched the intro movie for pro-engineer (an engineering drawing program):sleep: and for the rest of the time we just watch dr karl draw stuff using pro-engineer.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by routemarker

ep-sigh-lon eh? by any chance r u in A. Costers (AC3) tute?
No Ive got helen jones. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird referring to their lecturers/tutors/demonstraters by their first name and not mr or mrs someone?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Well today in my BDM (bussiness data managment) lecture I was sitting next to somone who went to :sleep: . I spent the entire lecture :read: , it's so boring ...

B

Bambul

I don't go to business finance (FINS1613) anymore. It's 90% QMA and I just have to read over the slides online and I've learn't everything.

You guys should ask how many textbooks you haven't bought. I've gone through 3 subjects without buying a textbook now (out of 12), it's so much cheaper!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul
I don't go to business finance (FINS1613) anymore. It's 90% QMA and I just have to read over the slides online and I've learn't everything.

You guys should ask how many textbooks you haven't bought. I've gone through 3 subjects without buying a textbook now (out of 12), it's so much cheaper!
I thought u were doin Eco and Acct? is FINS1613 part of ur acct major?

and I was thinking of doin that (not buying texts for certain subjects)..but I guess I jus dont want to risk failing without it :rolleyes:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy

No Ive got helen jones. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird referring to their lecturers/tutors/demonstraters by their first name and not mr or mrs someone?
ha i accidentally went to that tute for my first calc test. below where im supposed to be.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy

I spent all of high school saying sir and ma'am. There were definite advantages to that, because I could never remember my teachers' names until two months into the year :p. Saved me a lot of embarassment!

The informality is just a veneer of intimacy though IMO. You still have to be careful when speaking to staff.

B

Bambul

Originally posted by MinAi

I thought u were doin Eco and Acct? is FINS1613 part of ur acct major?

and I was thinking of doin that (not buying texts for certain subjects)..but I guess I jus dont want to risk failing without it :rolleyes:
I have to do FINS1613 for Accounting (professional recognition - plus INFS and 4 LEGT subjects). I'm not actually planning on using my accounting education straight out of uni (besides for personal use, but it's not *that* useful) but it's a backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)