Class of 2003 (1 Viewer)

Torch

:wave: Hi kids :D

Just interested in people who are in year 12 this year, and think they'll prolly go to New South next year. I think I want to, but am still deciding between Sydney and NSW...

Anyways, just thought I'd start this thread so if we all do end up there next year, we won't be nigels ;) And so the 2002 kids can give us some advice :D

So what are you planning on doing at New South? I'm applying for

Economics/Arts
Science (Psychology)/Arts
Science (the subjects that make by Medical Science)/Arts.

I'm really interested in History/Politics/Sociology.

So, I guess, just introduce urself and what you wanna do at UNSW :D

Cheers!

bobo123

HSC
its just highest to lowest for me

com/law
commerce/arts
acturial
commerce/science
commerce
eco

yeah

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by bobo123
its just highest to lowest for me

com/law
commerce/arts
acturial
commerce/science
commerce
eco

yeah
huh?
there is no actuarial degree at unsw
u have to do it in commerce
and also, commerce and commerce/arts are the same UAC code, if u get into commerce, u apply to combine with arts wen u enrol at uni

so ur preferences would be:
comm/law
comm/arts
commerce
commerce/science
economics

kaseita

commerce and commerce/science have the same UAI, so if you put commerce first, the offer will automatically be for that course, not comm/sci.
so why bother putting it in? unless your planning to rearrange them later

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i going along the lines of commerce or medical
so commerce or medical science
is that such a combined course in UNSW?

aspect

Re: yes there is

Originally posted by chocolate fairy
ya there is an actuarian degree at unsw cause my friend's sister's doing it
no, there isnt

only commerce with actuarial studies major (i would know since this is what i'm currently doing)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sukiyaki
i going along the lines of commerce or medical
so commerce or medical science
is that such a combined course in UNSW?
I think theres only a combined Commerce/Science degree...dont think u can combine commerce with med sci..

kini mini

HSC
Re: Re: yes there is

Originally posted by aspect

no, there isnt

only commerce with actuarial studies major (i would know since this is what i'm currently doing)
aspect is right - there is no bachelor of actuarial studies, only a B.Com majoring in actuarial studies.

rhapsody_75

heyy

atm im doing 4U english, 3U french, 3U ancient history, 2U music
and arts are really getting to me -- surprised? -- lol anyway. havent done any maths/science subjects for a while, although i was never all that bad at them. just a couple of years ago i was madly passionate for all my current subjects. well the wonderful new hsc has dissapated that interest somewhat and i am managing to distract myself with completely non-arts orientated stuff

anway. can anyone tell that im procrastinating - avoiding stress over 4U english major work - lol umm

yea well atm im looking at commerce/arts and im trying to work which is higher on preferences - sydney or new south. the uai's are fairly much the same. 94.3 and 95.5 i think.

ive heard that commerce/arts at new south has a greater emphasis on the arts, and that the commerce is less difficult than at sydney. anyone got any thoughts on this?
also, coming to new south would mean giving up ancient history, but thats not too great a concern atm.

im also getting a fairly latent interest in medecine lol but its far too late to go that way.

i love so many different things, it is so hard. another part of me really wants to go to WAAPA - western australia academy of performing arts - for singing, but i want a stable degree to begin with.

also in the sydney/new south dispute...i have quite a lot of friends in both and i have to say that my new south friends have much more fun *shrug*

so anyway. my name's Phillipa, or pip. lived around the place - england, sth africa and went on exchange to france on my own back at the end of year 10. im interested in almost everything, i think, even more so if i dont understand/know about it.

mm and i think ill try and get myself back to work some stage soon.....
:rolleyes:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
B. Eng (Software) ----->M. Comm 4th year, hopefully is the path i wish to take.

General trend in B. Eng (Software) has been decreasing UAI to get in 2001 cutoff was about 97, 2002 was about 95 and 2003 was 91.70, hopefully it goes down again :D.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by enak
B. Eng (Software) ----->M. Comm 4th year, hopefully is the path i wish to take.

General trend in B. Eng (Software) has been decreasing UAI to get in 2001 cutoff was about 97, 2002 was about 95 and 2003 was 91.70, hopefully it goes down again :D.
someone in the faculty of engg in unsw told me that they made a big mistake in decreasing the cut off for seng .... next yr, it'd most prolly be going back to ~95

tekster

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Da Monstar

someone in the faculty of engg in unsw told me that they made a big mistake in decreasing the cut off for seng .... next yr, it'd most prolly be going back to ~95
why is that so?
btw, i'm interested in seng and aeronautical engineering..

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by tekster

why is that so?
btw, i'm interested in seng and aeronautical engineering..
apparently, there was someconflict between the school of cse (comp sci and engg - of which seng is a part) and the faculty of engg ... and the faculty of engg won! but this yr, cse has told them that they dont want the uai cut-off reduced ... or something like that ...
seng and aero? they're completely diff fields ....

tekster

HSC
N/A

apparently, there was someconflict between the school of cse (comp sci and engg - of which seng is a part) and the faculty of engg ... and the faculty of engg won! but this yr, cse has told them that they dont want the uai cut-off reduced ... or something like that ...
seng and aero? they're completely diff fields ....
alritey. well, thats seems odd.
anyways.
i'm interested in engineering, in general

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A

AHHHHHH

That sucks, no i gotta work hard :( kinda :p

Oh well, gotta get my act together.

Will find out when the UAC guide comes out.

nerdd

i'm trying for med....
after that i'd really like doing b commerce/ b science.
that way i get to do the business side of things like marketing as well as some science subjects!

i was considering biomed eng for a realllly long time. but i think it's gonna be way too boring.

RedStz

True Scorpian
i am choosing b/n UNSW or Usyd, no idea ....
1. comm/law or eco/law
2. comm
3 eco
no idea of the rest...
It REALLY GETS TO ME how loads of people are doing Law simply because they think it earns $ or dont want to waste UAI
which in the end....take up positions of canadiates who REALLY WANT TO STUDY IT AND WHO WILL ENJOY STUDY IT....e.g. ME!!!!!!!!!!!:argue:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by RedStz
IT REALLY GETS TO ME how loads of people are doing Law simply because they think it earns $ or dont want to waste UAI
which in the end....take up positions of canadiates who REALLY WANT TO STUDY IT AND WHO WILL ENJOY STUDY IT....e.g. ME!!!!!!!!!!!:argue:
u can always fee pay if ur that desperate
at UNSW its about 94.x and USyd 95.x

RedStz

True Scorpian
lol Dont get me started on this....since when education is wealth based? How ironic that they are talking about "equality for all" everyday when clearly it's not

I mean think about it, how many times you have heard a story about so and so miss the course by 0.5 marks, yet his/her mate who miss it by 5 marks get into the course JUST BECAUSE THEIR GOT THE $$$$$, which in the end, they have a higher chance of failing the course anyway

Now that Unis are cutting down courses and raising fees....all the people that will get into will end up in TAFE...and what's TAFE going to do? THEY WILL SOON increase the price as well

what an excellent job Johnny Howard!!!!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: Prefer to spend $ on anti-terrorism fridge magnets rather than investing with the current stuffed education system (mind you all, the budge comes from cutting more than $7.5m off Domestic Violence Prevention Programs)

Sorry Minai, hope you dont take the comment as an offence against you, your comment just stirred up the hidden anger within me thats all....

Rich people can get in through fee, well, as for me...i dont have the $, so for canadiates like me, the only way is relying on brain, with increasing fees, i think i will carry a huge debt when i finish uni EVEN if i get the chance to study law, so for anyone out there born rich...good on you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)