enrolment in labs? (1 Viewer)

HSC
from http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2005/BIOS1201.html

"Students are required to enrol in a laboratory class at their earliest convenience after online enrolment and this requires students to attend Room G27, in the Biological Sciences Building. The course guide is available for purchase at the time of laboratory registration. The laboratories commence in Week 1."

does this mean after our online enrolment we still have to physically go to a lab at unsw to enrol??

Hendy

HSC
N/A
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
from http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2005/BIOS1201.html

"Students are required to enrol in a laboratory class at their earliest convenience after online enrolment and this requires students to attend Room G27, in the Biological Sciences Building. The course guide is available for purchase at the time of laboratory registration. The laboratories commence in Week 1."

does this mean after our online enrolment we still have to physically go to a lab at unsw to enrol??
yep........i just enrolled and made my timetbale.....and on it it says that we have to consult the skool for the lab enrolments

sunny

meh.
HSC
Just as a general comment, not all schools organise all their activities on myUNSW, like BEES and SISTM.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
When you enrol your lab, go and buy the Lab Manual and BEES tutorial CD as well; they are about $20.

HSC
awww...damn...does it matter when we go?? Would it be a bit late if i went during o week?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
awww...damn...does it matter when we go?? Would it be a bit late if i went during o week?
Depends when you want your Lab time. Usually the popular timeslots get full early.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The BEES office is at the Biological Building room G 27. Turn right once you've entered the building, the along the corridor on the ground level.

j4x0r

HSC
that stupid cd never worked for me properly :mad: i had to look at each individual file in the folders to go through the whole thing

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
that stupid cd never worked for me properly :mad: i had to look at each individual file in the folders to go through the whole thing
I had the same problem. maybe you haven't got the right gear. you need some weird staff to play the CD...

j4x0r

HSC
oh i had the right stuff, the hyperlinks in that cd were screwed

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
oh i had the right stuff, the hyperlinks in that cd were screwed
lol. meaning you were still missing something. :D

I remember I was so annoyed that I had to go on WebCT to use the online version...

j4x0r

HSC
but what could i have been missing? i still haven't solved this mystery after 2 years :( yeah i had to go to webct when i was actually not lazy enough to load the videos and stuff

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
Hey...when do you find out where you laborartory is held @?? What equipment will we need to purchase??

Has anyone found out the times available for BIOS1201 lab??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Azn_Phoenix said:
Hey...when do you find out where you laborartory is held @?? What equipment will we need to purchase??

Has anyone found out the times available for BIOS1201 lab??
It's always the same every year :D

Lab BIOS1201
Mo 2-5 pm
Tu 10-1 pm, Tu 2-5 pm
We 10-1 pm, We 2-5 pm
Th 10-1 pm, Th 2-5 pm
Fr 10-1 pm

You lab is held at ground floor of the Biological science building, in either Lab A or B. Turn right once you enter the automatic doors and once you saw the lifts. If you can find the BEES office, the labs are opposite the office. You will need to purchase a lab coat. If you are doing BIOS1101 as well, you might as well purchase your dissection kit. Good luck and have fun with BIOS1201! It's one of the most interesting subject on offer!

j4x0r

HSC
dissection kits can be found at the little shop next to the pharmacy in the mathews arcade :)

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
Can some1 tell us watcha need for labs?? I don't want to get like everything, just the minimum...also where's the chem labs?? same place??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)