Free Parking Near or around UNSW (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
no; only street parking which is pretty limited

there's a parking lot in Mathews (Upper Campus) but 1. it's usually packed and 2. you gotta pay for it

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
theres a secret car park about 12 minutes ish from uni, a bit of a walk but better than paying. its not really secret but anyway !

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
dude. don't park in maroubra.. thats way far....

park out in kingsford... next to south juniors.. in the middle of anzac parade.. somewhere near nine ways even near the park on the south west side.. heaps of parking there..

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
theres street parking parrallel to anzac parade, a 5-10 minute walk but sometimes u get the first parallel road which is about 2 minutes
make sure your first class is lower campus though ;)

raigaa

HSC
cyrax83 said:
theres a secret car park about 12 minutes ish from uni, a bit of a walk but better than paying. its not really secret but anyway !
hahah i live near there!1

DavidV

HSC
not too much parking

you can buy an after hours (after 3pm weekdays, all day weekend) parking permit for about 60 dollars for the year.

I have one and use it frequently for various rehearsals etc. etc. or if I need to rush into uni to drop off an assignment.

Otherwise If you try to part near uni, drive two blocks west from uni (sort of behind NIDA) and ive never had trouble getting a spot there. It really depends how far you want to walk. If you dont mind walking 10 mins (because u live miles away) there is plenty of parking in surrounding streets near kingsford. Harbourne St, Meeks St etc. etc. are all within walking distance and generally have spots avail.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
theres tonnes of free parking just after the round about on anzac parade. i usually park there or park in some secret back streets which are pretty close (sif i'd give away my parking secrets here)

D

dude431

I'm going to uni Tues, Wed, Thurs.

If I want free parking, <5-10 minutes walk from the uni, how EARLY do I need to get there to ensure such a space?

I was told 8am, wondering if that is true.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I thought on weekdays the parking along most of the streets around UNSW was 1 hour limit parking (at least it is on Botany Street)?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
dude431 said:
I'm going to uni Tues, Wed, Thurs.

If I want free parking, <5-10 minutes walk from the uni, how EARLY do I need to get there to ensure such a space?

I was told 8am, wondering if that is true.
7.30 - 8.00am should be about right
the earliest lecture for most is at 9am

a lot of people go there early, park their car and sleep until their lecture starts

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
the parking's okay. if ur not used to city parking it can be a bit hectic tho - a lotta cars in little spaces.

upper campus ppl: if ur early enough you should be able to nab parking spots in the residential streets around the hospital, eg off barker st. i've arrived at uni at 10:30 for a 11oclock start and still been able to find parking.

Ghost

Lost
HSC
out of all curiosity you guys consider the places such as for lower campus...the street through which the 303 goes....there is usually always parking there....and if your first class is in upper campus then heck its easier......there is usually always parking in that street between gate 11 and 7-11......(going towards 7-11).....its that dead end road...that u gotta enter from botany street

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Street parking is free. Make sure YOU READ THE SIGNS - because they tend to switch from 1hr/2hr zones to no-time-limit zones and it's so easy to get caught in "that" spot .. why was it vacant? $68 later you'll find out.

Depending on where your classes are, there's plenty of parking around UNSW. If you don't mind the walk up the University Walk you can park on the other side of Anzac Pde. Get there well before 9am if you want to get a decent spot though. If you are in Engineering/Commerce (like me!) I like to park on Barker St/Willis St which is on the Maccas side (college side) of UNSW - make sure you can reverse park on hills, and don't worry when people get pissed off cause you find a spot. Just take it :D If you're on the other side of the campus mostly you can try to find a spot on High St but I don't like your chances.

And finally upper campus people can find parking on the highest part of Barker St, towards Randwick. It's usually easier to find parking here in the mornings for some reason, but it's a bit of a walk at the end of the day (up all those hills..)

I'm lazy so I don't like parking past Middle St - anything longer is a HIKE. You could also pay for a permit, or park in the parking station (it's $8 all day IIRC, and you can park on the upper levels) which has an entry on Barker St. There's also one up the top of campus if that's closer to your classes.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
too expensive and you are NOT guarrenteed a spot
first come first served
very limited space

DavidV

HSC
thats not necessarily true, ive never ever had trouble finding parking in the barker street carpark with a permit.

basically, an after hours (after 330 pm and before 730am weekdays, all day weekend) permit only costs 55 for the year.

A yearly permit i believe is only avail to students who have 20 or more hours of classes per week, and costs 200 ISH for the year (dont quote me on that but E-spot will have all the info regarding parking).

it would proably be worth it if u are at uni 3-4 days a week and live a fair distance away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)