chem1011 question.. (1 Viewer)

wind

HSC
Just remember that you need to do a pre-lab computer-based test before you're allowed into a lab lol.

You'll need to by the course manual to be able to this as there's a sheet inside for you to fill out.

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
wind said:
Just remember that you need to do a pre-lab computer-based test before you're allowed into a lab lol.

You'll need to by the course manual to be able to this as there's a sheet inside for you to fill out.
Yeh, so can u explain this pre-lab computer test?? Like What do u have to do and how long does it take? Can you take the test anytime....??

Also, does anyone have the 'password' to access the lecture slides from the chem.unsw.edu.au site. Thanks!

wind

HSC
I haven't done it actually :p

The test's called "Safety and Ethics in the Laboratory" so that should give you a general idea as to what it'll be on. You go to the computer labs in the Heffron building, open up some program and complete some questions on a sheet. You hand this sheet after you're done to your demonstrator/supervisor I think. Takes about 20-30 minutes from what I heard.

About the online lecture-notes. There are a few of them that we don't seem to be able to download, but the ones that are relevant to us, you can. Well, immediately relevant at the least.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Azn_Phoenix said:
Yeh, so can u explain this pre-lab computer test?? Like What do u have to do and how long does it take? Can you take the test anytime....??

Also, does anyone have the 'password' to access the lecture slides from the chem.unsw.edu.au site. Thanks!
the pre-lab test is easy, there was a picture and you had to name 7 safety hazards or whatever (unsupervised bunson, someone leaning on desk, long hair not tied back, think there was a chip packet in there too and some other bs)

other questions you needed to find what the diamond means (that surrounds some chemial name), its easy as ad straightforward dw about it

password for the stuff on http://www.chem.unsw.edu.au/coursenotes/CHEM1011/ ?
should be just your unipass which you use to check email, my.unsw, etc

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
shannonm said:
the pre-lab test is easy, there was a picture and you had to name 7 safety hazards or whatever (unsupervised bunson, someone leaning on desk, long hair not tied back, think there was a chip packet in there too and some other bs)

other questions you needed to find what the diamond means (that surrounds some chemial name), its easy as ad straightforward dw about it

password for the stuff on http://www.chem.unsw.edu.au/coursenotes/CHEM1011/ ?
should be just your unipass which you use to check email, my.unsw, etc
So the pre-lab test is actually done within the 2hr Chem lab?? Don't need to do it before the lab time??

Sorry, but i mean does anyone have the password to access the lecture note slides such as " Assoc. Prof. Willett Chem 1011 Topic 1-Lectures 1-7" or the ones that need an additional password.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Azn_Phoenix said:
So the pre-lab test is actually done within the 2hr Chem lab?? Don't need to do it before the lab time??
i dont know i've never done a chem lab, but i think you might need to do that test thing before the labs (so you understand the rules and safety stuff) - it makes sense if its like that but i dont know

sorry about the password thing im not sure what it is

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You do the safety thing before you go to your lab, your demo will check it and sign it.

The password to get in is your own unipass.

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
Survivor39 said:
You do the safety thing before you go to your lab, your demo will check it and sign it.

The password to get in is your own unipass.
Umm...no if u click on "Assoc. Prof. Willett Chem1011-Topic 1 Lectures 1-7" for example..u enter your student number + unipass...then u need another password to access the lecture slides...i'm referring to the second password....does anyone have it??

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Azn_Phoenix said:
Umm...no if u click on "Assoc. Prof. Willett Chem1011-Topic 1 Lectures 1-7" for example..u enter your student number + unipass...then u need another password to access the lecture slides...i'm referring to the second password....does anyone have it??

So, anyone heard anything about that pre-lab test thingy?

Last edited by a moderator:

wind

HSC
drewbrow1 said:
So, anyone heard anything about that pre-lab test thingy?
I did the pre-lab test today; took 20 minutes or so.

It's pretty easy and you can't really mess it up either, as most of it's just copying stuff off the screen with minimal thinking.

Don't worry :) Though, you'll have to complete the sheets (found in your course-pack - pages 7-10) and hand them in to your demonstrator in your first lab session.

wind

HSC
aquaa123qwe said:
haha you gonna hate your lab
=D

me can't stand uni lab
I already do!

Going to labs makes me feel like I'm in WWII deciphering cryptic messages from my demonstrator!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)